Combat KI

Shotochem

Purple Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I was always a firm believer in the "If you can't block it or avoid it, make sure you can take it school".

But......I have yet to see any footage of these guys doing anything other than taking a throat shot or having their nads smashed.:uhohh:

Sorry, I'm not into that particular fetish.:whip1: :ultracool

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I was always a firm believer in the "If you can't block it or avoid it, make sure you can take it school".

I agree.

As to the other issue that has popped up, not related to Shotocem's post

I do not think these guys are frauds, I do believe they are taking the hit, I just do not see its usefulness and I suspect after years of training this you will end up with some fairly nasty health issues in later life.

I can see things such as an external qigong but the real version of this takes years and years of training and from what I can see it has a lot to do with pain desensitization, therefore when hit by surprise it is not a big deal. But this type of training takes years and is generally started young.

But to train to take a specific hit in the throat or groin like they do make little sense to me in actual application. You train in CMA styles like Xingyi and Yiquan (and I imagine others) to protect the throat by the stance you train but to stand tense and let someone hit you in the throat or groin just seems unreasonably dangerous to me.

I knew a ex-gymnast/current biker (believe it or not) that did this stuff years ago (about 25 year ago actually) before these people showed up but he stopped because he started having some throat\trachea problems. As he said, "looks like I'll never be able to sing Opera"

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Uh, no thanks. I like my jewels the way they are. I also like to be able to breathe and eat.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

But......I have yet to see any footage of these guys doing anything other than taking a throat shot or having their nads smashed.:uhohh:

Sorry, I'm not into that particular fetish.:whip1: :ultracool
There is a Juko Ryu Jujutsu school near here. Their Jujutsu isn't half bad. They promote way above actual skill levels for Black Belt and above if you ask me.

I've seen many demonstrations of their "Combat Ki" and all of them, even the higher ranked ones involved involved preparing themselves for the blow. As far as I can tell, it's an interesting exercise, which I want no part of, but has no real world applications.

Also, I want nothing to do with an org where the head of it claims to have been in Special Forces when he most definitely wasn't.

Jeff

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
It would be a wonderful money-maker, but what happens when they do kick you in the boys and you were expecting to get it in the throat? I know there has to be a trick, but I have not found out what it is yet.

JeffJ, I had not heard that he was claiming to have been in SpecOps. That makes me tingle at the chance of putting him in his place. I know that he claims to be one of the World Sokeship Council guys, even though he is not the head of a Japanese family. But it seems like everyone is these days. LMK if anybody finds more info on their claims or if they are going to be in the Midwest doing a demo. I may have to go and watch.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a small aside here for those interested in human behaviour, have you noticed that when a gentleman gets kicked,hit etc in his parts all the men gasp but all the women giggle? Sorry chaps, we know it hurts like hell but we still can't help finding it funny!

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just a small aside here for those interested in human behaviour, have you noticed that when a gentleman gets kicked,hit etc in his parts all the men gasp but all the women giggle? Sorry chaps, we know it hurts like hell but we still can't help finding it funny!

That's because you women are evil; Evil I say! :lfao:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would watch using the term frauds especially when you have no idea of what you are talking about

I must agree..Fraud is a pretty strong word..Have you trained with any of them one-on-one???

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Perhaps you should have a look at this thread.:rolleyes: :lol:

...and Rod Suchanutzki is the infamous fraud who lies about his military career and his martial arts experience. He's the one of the infamous "Japanese" certificate that read "whorehouse martial way" when translated. He sued a rather well known judoka from Ohio for saying as much, and the end result of the suit was that the judoka was right. As for the kicks to the nads and blows to the throat, while I'm certain they're doing something, I'm not so sure about the medical ramifications-that woman that passed on the TV special was definitely knocked out, and they didn't seem to be as aware of that as I'd have liked, under the circumstances.....

OP
German Coach

German Coach

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I must agree..Fraud is a pretty strong word..Have you trained with any of them one-on-one???

Since I met a KI Master (Osamu Aoki Shihan who is the JKA National Shotokan Karate Coach of Spain) personally in 1998 I was sure that this KI stuff is nonense.

Even my wife, who is a natural scientist, was convinced that there is "something" - perhaps an unexplored kind of energy.

So I agree that one should train with a KI Master one-on-one to have a opinion.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you should have a look at this thread.:rolleyes: :lol:

...and Rod Suchanutzki is the infamous fraud who lies about his military career and his martial arts experience. He's the one of the infamous "Japanese" certificate that read "whorehouse martial way" when translated. He sued a rather well known judoka from Ohio for saying as much, and the end result of the suit was that the judoka was right. As for the kicks to the nads and blows to the throat, while I'm certain they're doing something, I'm not so sure about the medical ramifications-that woman that passed on the TV special was definitely knocked out, and they didn't seem to be as aware of that as I'd have liked, under the circumstances.....

That thread is a big ouch! Luckily the men of my aquantaince are still very male! ( and gentlemen!). That certificate reminds me of the dangers of tattoos in languages you don't understand though I admit I love the idea of 'whorehouse martial arts"!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Even my wife, who is a natural scientist, was convinced that there is "something" - perhaps an unexplored kind of energy.So I agree that one should train with a KI Master one-on-one to have a opinion.

We are of the same mindset..I recently trained with GM George Dillman despite all the cries of FAKE and FRAUD that I've heard one of the techniques that I was the Uke for numbed my arm..Something not easily done to me...

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Also, I want nothing to do with an org where the head of it claims to have been in Special Forces when he most definitely wasn't.

Jeff

See:here

And have a look here.

THen do a search here on Martial Talk for him.......I don't know about Combat Ki, or how useful it is even if it is 100% on the level, but the man and his organization are bad, bad, bad......

bushi jon

Green Belt
Reaction score
Listen I have trained with these guys on and off for 8-10 yrs here South Bend most are a good group of guys and I have been able to hit them very very hard. They train with all out punches. I am not a member of Juko Kai the people that I know in it are pretty good martial artist. I have also been hit by thier Leader he hits like a freight train I was soar for weeks. I have trained in iron palm and have conditioned my body so. Not all of there dojo do the combat kai thing I would incourage you folks to check it out.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderator's note:

Thread moved to Horror Stories

Ronald Shin
Martialtalk.com Moderator

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I think that early warning system works even for those of us with no Qi Gomg training..In the dozens of encounters that led to arrests I always seemed to know when the suspect/subject decided to fight instead of going peacefully..Maybe I'm just good at body language...

One of the first things that inspired me by Bruce Lee was his talk of complete body language. He states that it is possible for a person to register the body language of an attacker and respond before your conscience mind engages.

The moment before the moment.

Oddly enough this was in last months Black Belt (or is it this months)

Latest Discussions