Cobra Kai series 2

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
so here it is the first episode which is for free. Looks awesome. Kreese finally getting a decent fight scene. Plus I've seen other clips around YouTube and seen how it ends

SPOILERS BELOW

and damm this series is intense and it's got a pretty crappy ending emotionally all around. There's no winners in how that ended

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Enjoying it so far. Lots of 80's nostalgia.
I enjoyed it but proffered the first series as it seemed more real. This series especially the last episode and the fights there felt a bit to over the top imo. It was still fun and enjoyable but personally I preferred the first series

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I enjoyed it but proffered the first series as it seemed more real. This series especially the last episode and the fights there felt a bit to over the top imo. It was still fun and enjoyable but personally I preferred the first series
Yes the big fight in school in the last episode of season 2 was surreal, but it was also comical. Can't wait for season 3.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Seems like there's not that many Cobra Kai fans here considering the lack of responses to the thread. Anyway, this will contain spoilers for anybody who hasn't seen it, in the final episode of Cobra Kai season 2 Miguel shouldn't've tackled Robby. Robby was trying to break up the fight, had Miguel not intervened then Robby might've been successful and the huge fight where Miguel got seriously injured might've not happened.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Seems like there's not that many Cobra Kai fans here considering the lack of responses to the thread. Anyway, this will contain spoilers for anybody who hasn't seen it, in the final episode of Cobra Kai season 2 Miguel shouldn't've tackled Robby. Robby was trying to break up the fight, had Miguel not intervened then Robby might've been successful and the huge fight where Miguel got seriously injured might've not happened.
Agreed the fight was over before it started Robbie had it broken up then Miguel ran in and started it. He got what he deserved. He started crap and he got put down

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Agreed the fight was over before it started Robbie had it broken up then Miguel ran in and started it. He got what he deserved. He started crap and he got put down
Well interestingly enough, in earlier episodes Miguel was trying to bury the hatchet. Miguel returned Miyagi's metal and Robby hid the fact, leaving it in the yard for Demitri to find.
Interesting to see what will happen in season 3, lots of fans speculate Ali will save Miguel since she's got a medical background. I do disagree with the speculation that Ali is Tory's mom. Tory is living rough, much like Daniel in the first movie. If Ali was Tory's mom Tory would be financially well off like Sam since Ali is a doctor and doctors make big bucks.

D

Deleted member 34973

I do not think Miguel reacted in the wrong way, considering the circumstance. Robby had Tori (Miguels girlfriend) pinned against the locker. That is what Miguel seen as he approached the situation.

I love this series and always thought Danial was the instigator in a majority of the original movie.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I do not think Miguel reacted in the wrong way, considering the circumstance. Robby had Tori (Miguels girlfriend) pinned against the locker. That is what Miguel seen as he approached the situation.

I love this series and always thought Danial was the instigator in a majority of the original movie.
Robby was only holding Tory against the locker so she wouldn't attack him or Sam. He was clearly trying to break up the fight. If you ask me Miguel acted too rashly.

D

Deleted member 34973

Robby was only holding Tory against the locker so she wouldn't attack him or Sam. He was clearly trying to break up the fight. If you ask me Miguel acted too rashly.
Under the circumstance, I don't think so, he arrived at a point where someone slammed his girl into a locker.

But, I am sure the writers of the show, designed it that way.

Really though, put your hands on my woman, I will strike first and ask questions later.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Under the circumstance, I don't think so, he arrived at a point where someone slammed his girl into a locker.

Really though, put your hands on my woman, I will strike first and ask questions later.
I see where you're coming from. Perhaps Miguel could've just pushed Robby away, not tackled him.
But, even though Miguel considered Tory "his woman" he still had feelings for Sam, it was quite obvious. I don't think he would want them fighting and he would probably try to break it up too.
But, the writers had to have Miguel tackle Robby and have the fight get full blown both between Sam and Tory and between Miguel and Robby, as well as having much of the school join in on the fight. You need that kind of drama when you're making a series that you want to be popular.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

sounds cool and tough in theory, in reality dumb attitudes like that will get you warming up a police cell

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
So anyway, speaking of season 2, its obvious that Johnny stopped training under Kreese after the first KK movie but I've been wondering if in between the events of the first movie and the events of the Cobra Kai series if he has trained elsewhere. In the first episode of season 2 Kreese says, "You forgot, I taught you everything you know." Johnny responds by saying, "not everything," before landing a kick that sends Kreese's cigar into the waste basket. That would imply that Johnny has undergone additional MA training following the events if the first movie, under different instructors.

D

Deleted member 34973

sounds cool and tough in theory, in reality dumb attitudes like that will get you warming up a police cell
Not likely, and just move on. Always talking tough on a forum ( which you do a lot) is what is stupid.

D

Deleted member 34973

So anyway, speaking of season 2, its obvious that Johnny stopped training under Kreese after the first KK movie but I've been wondering if in between the events of the first movie and the events of the Cobra Kai series if he has trained elsewhere. In the first episode of season 2 Kreese says, "You forgot, I taught you everything you know." Johnny responds by saying, "not everything," before landing a kick that sends Kreese's cigar into the waste basket. That would imply that Johnny has undergone additional MA training following the events if the first movie, under different instructors.
I wondered this as well, makes you wonder if it was from Miyagi.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tory had a point when she talked about how her mom was fired from her job in a restaurant when the manager found out that she was taking leftovers home for her and her brother in Episode 6 "Take A Right" in Season 2. It is during a scene where she was working on round kicks with Miguel. Her mom wasn't stealing, she was just taking home food that would've been thrown away anyway as Tory explained, and yet she was fired because it was "against company policy." Tory's mom wasn't being treated fair and so as Tory points out, the world shows no mercy so why should she. Some people have it good such as Sam with her rich dad running the successful auto dealerships but people like her have to fight for every inch of what's hers as she puts it.

I must say, Tory reminds me somewhat of Daniel in the first movie.

Also, its now obvious Ali is not Tory's mom as some fans speculate. Ali would not be working in a restaurant she's a doctor and she's married to a doctor and doctors are loaded.

Cobra Kai might be a corruption of the martial arts but I can see why somebody like Tory might want to take it up.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tory had a point when she talked about how her mom was fired from her job in a restaurant when the manager found out that she was taking leftovers home for her and her brother in Episode 6 "Take A Right" in Season 2. It is during a scene where she was working on round kicks with Miguel. Her mom wasn't stealing, she was just taking home food that would've been thrown away anyway as Tory explained, and yet she was fired because it was "against company policy." Tory's mom wasn't being treated fair and so as Tory points out, the world shows no mercy so why should she. Some people have it good such as Sam with her rich dad running the successful auto dealerships but people like her have to fight for every inch of what's hers as she puts it.

I must say, Tory reminds me somewhat of Daniel in the first movie.

Also, its now obvious Ali is not Tory's mom as some fans speculate. Ali would not be working in a restaurant she's a doctor and she's married to a doctor and doctors are loaded.

Cobra Kai might be a corruption of the martial arts but I can see why somebody like Tory might want to take it up.
Meh torys mum got fired from stealing her mum should've just asked for it or offered to pay for it. name one employer who wouldn't fire you for stealing.

Latest Discussions