[yt]malY0Mukm-Y&mode=related&search[/yt]

[yt]nidvrXlf9F8&mode=related&search[/yt]

[yt]BCLbgFItqGA&mode=related&search[/yt]

[yt]l1plpWrXKC4&mode=related&search[/yt]

I believe this is their website : http://www.cincinnatibujinkan.com/index.html

Zida'sukara

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow the Mark guy is working on a doctor of Ministry degree on marriage and family and he is a pastor in some kind of church...... hmmm i never heard about the church.

**Polite mode on**

He is a busy Man.

**Polite Mode off**

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmmm never seen that in Japan.......isn't that what the gold stars are for?
I'm not sure where it originated. Personally, I only wear a dogi top and/or belt if I'm working on grappling or wearing a sword.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's right but some groups also use the brown belt as an "extra" .
Maybe they use it because not everybody wears the stars.

Our training group uses the brown belt to indicate the student is 4th - 1st kyu. It is a way of indicating to our fellow students in our group who the advanced kyu rank students are, and is used as a general indication of who can then take certain types of attacks or ukemi that might not be suitable for a lower-ranked student. As far as using "rank patches" for that, We often don't wear our gi's, and many of us don't have the patches on them anyhow.

Honestly its far eaiser for our instuctor to tell a student "only practice this on the brown belts or higher" than it is for them to keep track of what kyu rank everyone is.

I'm not sure where it originated. Personally, I only wear a dogi top and/or belt if I'm working on grappling or wearing a sword.

I'd have to ask, but honestly I think this is a practice that may have originated (for us at least) back in the day when my instructor trained under Hayes, and was not abandoned because it works for our group.

Latest Discussions