Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Censored 2005: The Top 25 Censored Media Stories of 2003-2004</FONT>

http://www.projectcensored.org/publications/2005/index.html

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#1: Wealth Inequality in 21st Century Threatens Economy and Democracy[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#2: Ashcroft vs. the Human Rights Law that Hold Corporations Accountable[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#3: Bush Administration Censors Science[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#4: High Levels of Uranium Found in Troops and Civilians[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#5: The Wholesale Giveaway of Our Natural Resources[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#6: The Sale of Electoral Politics[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#7: Conservative Organization Drives Judicial Appointments[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#8: Cheney's Energy Task Force and The Energy Policy[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#9: Widow Brings RICO Case Against U.S. government for 9/11[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#10: New Nuke Plants: Taxpayers Support, Industry Profits[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#11: The Media Can Legally Lie[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#12: The Destabilization of Haiti[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#13: Schwarzenegger Met with Enron's Ken Lay Years Before the California Recall[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#14: New Bill Threatens Intellectual Freedom in Area Studies[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#15: U.S. Develops Lethal New Viruses[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#16: Law Enforcement Agencies Spy on Innocent Citizens[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#18: Media and Government Ignore Dwindling Oil Supplies[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#19: Global Food Cartel Fast Becoming hte World's Supermarket[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#20: Extreme Weather Prompts New Warning from UN[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#21: Forcing a World Market for GMOs[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#22: Censoring Iraq[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#24: Reinstating the Draft[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#25: Wal-Mart Brings Inequality and Low Prices to the World[/font]

R

rmcrobertson

These Republicans have finally caught on that there's such a thing as post-colonialist studies? Hell, Said died several years ago. Gayatri Spivak's books have been out since 1985 or so. They've never heard of Jameson's "The Political Unconscious," or the raft of gorgeous fiction...Peter Carey...Keri Hulme...Naipaul...Jean Rhys...Ngugi wa'Thiongo...Nadine Gordimer..."Things Fall Apart..." Fuentes' "The Death of Artemio Cruz..." and "The Buried Mirror," and a zillion others I could mention, or don't know, but would admire?

Hell, I got fifteen books I can see from where I sit, without turning my head, that they'd burn.

Thank whoever for their utter dorkdom.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow. I'm going to have to sit down and go through all of them. Thanks!

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
I thought all of them interesting...but #14 most of all. I suspect this will get challenged and taken to the Supreme Court. At that point, the House Ruling will likely be ruled unconstitutional. I THINK. Maybe not.

That might hinge on who wins the election.

Regards,

Steve

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
Wow. I'm going to have to sit down and go through all of them. Thanks!
yes this is gonna give me something to do when i should be working on programming projects and such(aka right now)

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
were they really "censored" or just "not given the attention I think they deserved"?

P

PeachMonkey

DavidCC said:
were they really "censored" or just "not given the attention I think they deserved"?
"Censorship" implies the act or process of censoring. Given that news organizations typically choose such articles as "Pup shoots man, saves litter mates" (from CNN.Com this morning) over these issues, then I think an argument for genuine censorship can be made.

Latest Discussions