Celebrity Prenups.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051213/ap_en_tv/celebrity_prenups_1

No mother-in-law sleepovers. Only one football game per Sunday. Mandatory sexual positions.

[...]

Attorneys say some recent celebrity prenups include:

• Limiting the wife's weight to 120 pounds or she must relinquish $100,000 of her separate property.
• Allowing a spouse to perform random drug tests, with financial penalties for positive results.
• Requiring a husband to pay $10,000 each time he is rude to his wife's parents.
• The previously mentioned rules regarding mothers-in-law, football and sex.

[...]

Infidelity clauses are common, Nachshin said. Michael Douglas agreed to pay Catherine Zeta-Jones millions should he stray, and Denise Richards made similar requirements of Charlie Sheen.
Custody of pets is another common concern. Bennett once handled a case that dictated the destination of a couple's taxidermied horse. Even gardeners, baby sitters and pool men have been addressed.

OK, everyone who asked their wife to sign a prenuptial agreement limiting her weight to 120 pounds for the rest of her marriage to you, raise your hand.

Sheesh!

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
OK, everyone who asked their wife to sign a prenuptial agreement limiting her weight to 120 pounds for the rest of her marriage to you, raise your hand. Sheesh!

Riiiiight. Neither weight nor signature to ever be seen in my lifetime.

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
These people are idiots, and I fail to see why they get married in the first place.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Phoenix44 said:
These people are idiots, and I fail to see why they get married in the first place.
The opposite side of that argument is that, being a celebrity with large amounts of money, most beautiful women (and men) want to marry FOR your money. I guess if I was marrying a shallow gold digger, i'd want a prenup (of course, if I was a celebrity i'd probably be pretty shallow too, but that's beside the point).

Ultimately, the question becomes 'Why get married in the first place'. Oh well, Hollyweird strikes again.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lisa said:
It makes me ask the question "why is this news?"
It's actually trivia. Though, increasiningly, the line between the two is blurred. The culture of personality is pervasive.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Navarre said:
Now there I'm with ya.
I suspect that many celebrities look at marriage as simply another form of publicity. A way of getting their names in the news. That may explain why there are so many prenups. It isn't a marriage, it's a business arrangement.

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
(gasp) Surely you aren't suggesting that someone like Tom Cruise would do such a thing? Surely not. Not Tom?!

Damn him for destroying sweet Katie Holmes! Get your stinkin' paws off her, you damn dirty ape! Damn you! Damn you all to hell!

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Navarre said:
(gasp) Surely you aren't suggesting that someone like Tom Cruise would do such a thing? Surely not. Not Tom?!

Damn him for destroying sweet Katie Holmes! Get your stinkin' paws off her, you damn dirty ape! Damn you! Damn you all to hell!
:rofl: I wouldn't go so far as to call Tom an ape...ok chimpanzee maybe.

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
I wouldn't go so far as to call Tom an ape...chimpanzee maybe.
Eh, chimpanzees are apes. For him I prefer red-*** Edited to conform to MT's profanity filter policy baboon but I'm trying (most unsuccessfully) to be civil.

(sighs and remembers innocent dream girl before the coming of The Dark One)

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Navarre said:
Eh, chimpanzees are apes. For him I prefer red-@$$ baboon but I'm trying (most unsuccessfully) to be civil.

(sighs and remembers innocent dream girl before the coming of The Dark One)
:rofl:

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why get married indeed--that's exactly my thought.

I can believe that some of these were business arrangements, but not all.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Why get married indeed--that's exactly my thought.

I can believe that some of these were business arrangements, but not all.
The rest are the work of spoiled, emotionally immature and selfish personalities that are used to having their every whim gratified. The prenups are likely the work of their 'handlers' who are trying to guide them away from HUGE financial errors as a result of impulsive behavior. Nothing new here.

This is what happens when you give fame and money to people for nothing more than simply for playing for a living.

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Incidentally, today is Katie Holme's birthday. She's 27 today, a mere 10 years younger than myself.

I'm sure that somewhere my dream girl is enjoying her lover's expressions of affection.

Please allow me one more opportunity to express how much I despise Tom Cruise. :mp5::)

(Babboon!)

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Navarre said:
I'm sure that somewhere my dream girl is enjoying her lover's expressions of affection.

She's pregnant. She probably spent the day throwing up.

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
She's pregnant. She probably spent the day throwing up.

Oh. ... Good point.

I guess she already enjoyed his "expression". [please see previous babboon reference]

I can't believe she's to give birth to the spawn of The Dark One. The End Times are upon us. *weeps softly in despair*

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me.

I have a group of ppl I refer to (jokingly) as The Dark Disciples. They're celebrity figures who have amassed power by selling their soul and now seek to subvert us all to their unholy ways.

Formerly Sean "(P.) Diddy" Combs was The Dark King but I now believe Tom Cruise to be The Dark One. His seduction and betrothal to Her Most Radiant Innocence Katie Holmes and her subsequent impregnation has only confirmed my fears.

The surge in notoriety, the grand expressions of love...all part of his sinister plan. It is indeed a dark Omen, even if they name the child Skippy.

Latest Discussions