Cain's goose is cooked, so who is next for the GOP?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Now a 4th woman has come forward and accused him of groping.

Now, the timing of these revelations always amazes me. Why not a month or 2 ago, when he first announced his candidacy....

Will Ken Starr follow the leads? Ok, cheap shot, could not help it.

But I would be amazed if the man can salvage anything past a congress/senate carrier out of this....

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
First I dont believe most of whats being said. Hes been a front runner for a few weeks and been in the news for months and now Alred just happens to find a new "Victim." However Even if its all true I still dont see any harrassment. They went to dinner he went in for a little something something and she said no he stopped. Big deal sounds like every date I went on in high school. It does a true dis-service to real cases of harrassment and makes real victims just look bad and will cause people to be skeptical of any future complaints.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am not putting stake in this either, however, politics is a game of smoke and mirrors. He'd been better of being caught with the hands in the cookie jar though...with this weird morality we got going in the country....

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am not putting stake in this either, however, politics is a game of smoke and mirrors. He'd been better of being caught with the hands in the cookie jar though...with this weird morality we got going in the country....
I think it depends on which side of the political spectrum your on. Al Gore does funny things with massage therapists its no big deal. Clinton does things with interns and cigars No big deal. Cain gets frisky on a date and its all over for him. If we shouldnt care about 1 then none of it should matter. Id like to know who is beind all this did it come from the Obama people or more likely one of his republican rivals.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
However Even if its all true I still dont see any harrassment. They went to dinner he went in for a little something something and she said no he stopped.

They weren't on a date. She was seeking a job in his institution. "You want a job, right?" If you don't think that's harassment then do the world a favor and never become a manager.

Big deal sounds like every date I went on in high school.

You would try to cop a feel from someone you weren't even on a date with? Only creeps and perverts do that.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Considering that the Bush quarter sank McCain's bit with alleged rumors of possible misconduct of the immoral kind, I'd say the GOP rivals are the ones drilling holes in Cain's canoe....

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
They weren't on a date. She was seeking a job in his institution. "You want a job, right?" If you don't think that's harassment then do the world a favor and never become a manager.

You would try to cop a feel from someone you weren't even on a date with? Only creeps and perverts do that.
First off for it to be harrassment it must be a continuing course of conduct not a 1 time thing. She said stop he stopped.

She was not seeking a job from him she had been fired by his association 3 months priorto the date. She flew to Washington Dc called asked him to dinner. He upgraded her room at her hotel to a suit and she didnt object if this was srtictly professional she should have objected at that point. They went to a nice italian dinner and then she rode back from dinner in his car. Sounds like a date to me. If it was strictly professional it should have been a meeting in his office during normal work hours.

As for the pervert commment well guilty as charged

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Considering that the Bush quarter sank McCain's bit with alleged rumors of possible misconduct of the immoral kind, I'd say the GOP rivals are the ones drilling holes in Cain's canoe....
Yeah I think your right. I would say its prob the crazy eyed Texan

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, actually I meant to say it would not the least surprise me if the GOP rivals were caught with the drill. :D Not putting it on the Texan, now, just because precedence is in his 'favor' :lol:

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score

If Cain's book sales go up, I wouldn't be so sure that it's the rivals that are leaking the accusations.

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Now a 4th woman has come forward and accused him of groping.

Now, the timing of these revelations always amazes me. Why not a month or 2 ago, when he first announced his candidacy....

Will Ken Starr follow the leads? Ok, cheap shot, could not help it.

But I would be amazed if the man can salvage anything past a congress/senate carrier out of this....
I just heard this morning that she was at a rally for him about 2 months ago shaking his hand and giving him a hug..Something's smelling like a catfish left in the sun.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
One accusation and I give Herman Cain the benefit of the doubt. Politics is a rough bussiness and it certainly is within the realm of possibility that he was being set up. Maybe even two accusations. However, four accusations is enough smoke to be pretty certain there is a fire.

As for a behaviour being sexual harrassment only if done more than once, that is false. Ask anyone who is in a human resources office. Also, apart from how you classify it, some behaviours are just not appropriate.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
As for a behaviour being sexual harrassment only if done more than once, that is false. Ask anyone who is in a human resources office. Also, apart from how you classify it, some behaviours are just not appropriate.
From the US Equal opportunity employment commission:
http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/sexual_harassment.cfm
Although the law doesn’t prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted).

It happened once and when she said stop he did. Thats and isolated incident. And she must not have thought it was serious since she waited many years to mention it.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just heard this morning that she was at a rally for him about 2 months ago shaking his hand and giving him a hug..Something's smelling like a catfish left in the sun.

I read that too she said she went to the rally to see if he remembered her. If you were so upset about being harrassed why would you go to a rally he was attending?

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
First of all, if Cain has committed acts of sexual harassment, or even continued improprietous acts with women, I don't think I want to see him as president.

Second, I am not favorably impressed with women who say they have been sexually harassed, but only speak anonymously through lawyers. That's second hand and in court would not be allowed as testimony, being hearsay.

Third, in the case of the 4th woman, I am suspicious of her due to the circumstances of the way she has chosen to report this, that is waiting as she has. I also was a little concerned by her body language on the news this morning. But I realize some women can be traumatised to the point they don't always act in ways we traditionally think os as appropriate. There is also the fact that she may have been afraid due to his power/money, and emboldened by subsequent events.

Since I tend to disregard the anonymous complaints at this time, I can only evaluate this based on the 4th one. I remain somewhat skeptical, but am certainly open to being convinced. If Cain is that focused on flaunting law (whether or not all complaints are valid), I wouldn't want to see him as president. Not even sure if only the 4th can be proven. It is easy to say he was only responding to what he thought she wanted, but I haven't seen anything that tells me he had signals of her going beyond possible flirting.

In which case, what he did is sexual assault, absent some indications from her that she wanted to continue toward a more intimate relationship. I think most women would be more disgusted than anything else, but she is entitled to her own feelings. I do understand if what was reported in post #7 is true, that does give him some wiggle room. I just think a real, and prudent, man would attempt to engage in some verbal foreplay, hand holding, and/or kissing, before moving to what #4 reported happened. Flaunting law, being imprudent? To much of that in our presidency in the last few years as it is.

If this is all a very cleverly orchestrated smear campaign, with no basis in fact, I hope the perpetrator of the smear can be identified and some punishment can be exacted. And that Cain can campaign on his own merits whatever they may be.

Bottom line for me is that I don't know yet what to believe. I can go either way as facts dictate.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh for ****'s sake... does anybody remember what the rube from Arkansas did in the Oval Office with a cigar & intern? Or the boys from Massachussets?

This is smear work & timing. The other stuff happened before, during & after (I'd bet)...

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh for ****'s sake... does anybody remember what the rube from Arkansas did in the Oval Office with a cigar & intern? Or the boys from Massachussets?

This is smear work & timing. The other stuff happened before, during & after (I'd bet)...

Yeah, but that was after they went fishing on his financial affairs and after he was in the big mansion in DC...that the women got dug out and all of that....
Had they found those women before the election Bush Sr would have gotten a 2nd term, I am sure!

Remember that other guy, you didn't play around but got nixed because he took a picture with a dark skinned baby....it was insinuated that he had been playing around in an extra marital affair of the mixed race kind?!
Done shot some big holes into his canoe up the Potomac!

But for the sake of argument: A bit of inter gender hanky-panky disqualifies a guy from office....
While serious offenses, like true skeletons in the past, outright untruth and disregard for all the country stands for gets you in the express line to the top - as long as you have the green backs to float your ride!

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Cain's complete and utter lack of seriousness or intellectual preparation for the job he says he wants makes him unfit to be President. This sleaziness just makes him an *******.

As for the complaints that the other 3 complainants are "speaking anonymously through a lawyer" - they are not speaking at all, through lawyers or otherwise. The women are bound by agreements not to speak about the matter. Others found the settlements and have brought forth knowledge of their existence.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, but that was after they went fishing on his financial affairs and after he was in the big mansion in DC...that the women got dug out and all of that....
Had they found those women before the election Bush Sr would have gotten a 2nd term, I am sure!

Remember that other guy, you didn't play around but got nixed because he took a picture with a dark skinned baby....it was insinuated that he had been playing around in an extra marital affair of the mixed race kind?!
Done shot some big holes into his canoe up the Potomac!

But for the sake of argument: A bit of inter gender hanky-panky disqualifies a guy from office....
While serious offenses, like true skeletons in the past, outright untruth and disregard for all the country stands for gets you in the express line to the top - as long as you have the green backs to float your ride!

Don't forget the the politburo controlled press who put out what they want only until it becomes untenable to keep them suppressed. So they change gears from suppression to character assassination & sometimes near defamation. But that's all good too...

Latest Discussions