Bukti Negara

V

vickbo

Does anyone have any info or opinions about this style. I have been thinking of joining a class but there is not alot of info available.

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by vickbo
Does anyone have any info or opinions about this style. I have been thinking of joining a class but there is not alot of info available.

First, let me preface by saying that while I've been exposed to some Bukti Negara and I know several people who train or have trained in it, I've never been a formal student of the system.

I'd recommend, for the official low down, you check http://www.buktinegara.com

My personal thoughts, based on my limited exposure: it's a good system. It's very well organized and put together in such a way that it deeply ingrains very good material into the body.

Don't expect fast results, though. At the beginning levels, it looks and feels very "robotic" and not very fluid. These are the programming levels, though. The "robotic" movements are used to program your body in a very specific way. Once past these beginning levels, though, it starts to become much more fluid.

It is a very subtle system full of finesse. It utilizes more leverage and physics (and less raw muscle) than just about anything else I've ever seen. But, because it is so subtle, it takes a while to gain real proficiency.

Of course, this is nothing new. Most arts take a while to become proficient at.

As always, my recommendation is that you go check out the class and the instructor. If you enjoy the training and you like the instructor, go for it :)

Mike

OP
U

unterlich

i dont know really about the bukti negara
just want to answer in Indonesia,
Bukti = Proof/ Fact
Negara=Country