Build your own defense budget

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
That was fun. Just for kicks I went "paleo-conservative" and put in what I thought Pat Buchanen and Richard Nixon would put in. I got the budget down to $245 billion and it STILL was higher than all of our allies put together. I put an emphasis on aggressive technology, but cut the fleet back considerably to two ocean coverage. I got rid of land nukes and put the nukes on the Trident subs (we can also launch them from any carrier and guided missle cruiser...something not mentioned on that page).

I wonder what we could do with that extra fifty billion a year? It'd be neat if there was an overall national budget page like this.

Regards,

Steve

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
this is too much math for me...i get this semester off from a math class...my first in two years...so i'm letting that area of my brain go to sleep for a little bit

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tgace ... thank you for this link... I am currently on a wireless modem, I am looking forward to playing with it when I get back to my broadband connection.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Neat-o! While being (I think) pretty conservative, I cut $2.5 billion from the budget!

Woo! More money for Head Start!

Latest Discussions