Buffalo makes list of 10 Fastest Dying cities!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sadly, having lived there in the 70s and 80s and visiting often since, I'm not surprised. It never switched to what it should be--the premiere portal to Canada, a hub of international business.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like Dayton as well.

Well Flint and Detroit I am very close to in my heart but let's just say they have alot of issues. When I recently visited Buffalo and went over the bridge from Canada I thought what a beautiful coast line. Buffalo has the goods as far as geography now then just need to exercise them.
icon6.gif

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I interviewed for tech jobs back in the late 90's, the pay was just above minimum wage. Same jobs in Cleveland were paying $10/hr more. That was back during the tech boom. Now Cleveland's gone boom itself again, but it'll pull out eventually. Buffalo, I doubt it. Government's clueless here. I used to say that WNY had a 19th century mind and was trying to return to the 18th century before the 21st arrived. The cities got a LOT of potential, but sadly it's lost in the political games.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Politics and taxes always a bane for any city. Look at Michigan in that regards. However, a friend of mine in the film industry is getting alot of work lately in Michigan because they decided to make things easier tax wise for film crews. So low and behold maybe some people are waking up here.
icon6.gif

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh, you ate at that same place we did back in 06 too huh? :D

jkembry

Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh, you ate at that same place we did back in 06 too huh? :D

Haven't been in Buffalo since 1999....but here in the DC area we have al sorts of wings that range from nothing but bone...to looking like they took steroids.

I thought I sent you a PM a couple days ago...you get it?

Latest Discussions