Bruce Lee Quotes of the Day

DavyKOTWF

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain.

Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.

Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.

OP
DavyKOTWF

DavyKOTWF

Orange Belt
Reaction score
“Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
“Don’t think. FEEL. It’s like a finger pointing at the moon. Do not concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of the heavenly glory.”

:)

OP
DavyKOTWF

DavyKOTWF

Orange Belt
Reaction score
“Don’t think. FEEL. It’s like a finger pointing at the moon. Do not concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of the heavenly glory.”

:)
That's one of my favorites Simon. People always talking about Jesus; they are looking at the finger, and missing his message often.

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one”

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's one of my favorites Simon. People always talking about Jesus; they are looking at the finger, and missing his message often.

I never talk about Joshua bar Joseph. His message btw was an entirely Jewish one.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
“Be like water making its way through cracks.,.”
I don't like this principle. Water will only flow through crack. Water will not create crack.

This problem of this type of thinking is "You don't have any plan. You only wait for opportunity. You don't try to create opportunity".

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Yeah I love that one... and yes very true hey!

I never talk about Joshua bar Joseph. His message btw was an entirely Jewish one.

Ah right, I feel his message and presence went beyond any particular tradition and pointed well beyond them. I guess a finger/moon thing maybe? But fair enough ay

I don't like this principle. Water will only flow through crack. Water will not create crack.

This problem of this type of thinking is "You don't have any plan. You only wait for opportunity. You don't try to create opportunity".

Ah yeah I know what you mean. I think it's more relating to not forcing anything, but adapting to the circumstances on hand. You may still need to jump on opportunities and assert certain actions, but in a flowing way that doesn't oppose reality

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah right, I feel his message and presence went beyond any particular tradition and pointed well beyond them. I guess a finger/moon thing maybe? But fair enough ay

That message though wasn't anything new and has been mistranslated/changed a lot by now. It doesn't really go beyond any particular tradition because most have something the same. Nothing the man said hadn't been said and written down before.

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score

I disagree KFW. Water can carve out a river bed in its liquid state, water can create a crack and carve out valleys and mountains in its frozen state. Water, locked inside a stone or rock placed too near a fire will cause the stone/rock to explode. Water in its liquid or steam state can burn. Water in its liquid state, tightly focused, can and does cut or carve through metal.
Some WC prefers to "flow" like water; flow around obstacles, etc. Other WC crashes and cuts.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
That message though wasn't anything new and has been mistranslated/changed a lot by now. It doesn't really go beyond any particular tradition because most have something the same. Nothing the man said hadn't been said and written down before.

Ah yep I know what ya mean. It wasn't anything new in a sense and much had been said before already, I guess he had a slightly different emphasis however (less so on a judgemental, angry God and more on a loving God) and may have helped alter the understanding of other teachings. And yeah I was referring more to that his teachings (among others) point to beyond any traditions. The message ultimately was the same, but pointing beyond particular tradition to universal truth (which many spoke of and taught).

And yep who knows what the original writings/sayings were, so much possible mistranslations! But it is refreshing when you find one that really resonates and connects :)

OP
DavyKOTWF

DavyKOTWF

Orange Belt
Reaction score
“Take no thought of who is right or wrong or who is better than. Be not for or against.”

“If I tell you I'm good, probably you will say I'm boasting. But if I tell you I'm not good, you'll know I'm lying.”

“Knowledge earns you power, character earns you respect.”

OP
DavyKOTWF

DavyKOTWF

Orange Belt
Reaction score
BruceLeeWei.jpg Nameste'

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Who's Put peas in like noodles ? I told you I don't like peas.

To the buffet lady on the enter the Dragon set,

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Why has someone so ugly got so many mirrors ?.

To the set designer for enter the dragon,

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain.

Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.

Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.
Just curious, why did you post this in wing chun rather than the jeet kune do forum?

Latest Discussions