Broncos cornerback shot and killed in drive-by

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Broncos cornerback shot and killed in drive-by

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-broncos-williamskilled&prov=ap&type=lgns

DENVER (AP) -- Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed in a drive-by shooting early Monday, his limousine sprayed with bullets in downtown Denver.

Team spokesman Jim Saccomano said police called him about 3 a.m. from the scene and told him three people had been shot, and the 24-year-old Williams had been killed. The killing came hours after the Broncos were eliminated from the playoff race.

A little after 2 a.m., a white Hummer limousine was fired on from a vehicle that pulled up along its side, police spokesman Sonny Jackson said. There were at least eight bullet holes in the limo.

Three people in the limo were hit and were taken to hospitals, where one man was pronounced dead, Jackson said. The other man and woman who were shot were not identified.

Jackson said police were searching for suspects and interviewing witnesses.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wonder what was behind the killings.

I've yet to hear a reason, although they did say on the news this morning (which I've quit watching; it was getting pretty depressing) that the shots - at least 8, based on the holes in the side of the limousine - were clustered at head level, and were, apparently, intended to kill. The windows of the Hummer limo were tinted, so no is is sure at this point if the killer(s) were aiming at someone specific, or just aiming to kill someone - anyone - for no apparent reason.