Bringing a knife to a gunfight, part eleventy-dozen

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm so glad bad guys never learn.

http://www.wkrg.com/crime/article/s...ing-in-six-days/1202495/Nov-11-2010_11-43-am/

The shooting happened around 10:50 p.m. on Wednesday when Randall Ford, 46, armed with a box cutter, demanded money from a customer leaving the fast food restaurant, according to police. The customer pulled out a gun and shot Ford in the neck.

After receiving medical treatment, Ford was arrested and charged with robbery. The customer is not facing any charges.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people are not cut out for a life of crime but unfortunately, they have large amounts of good luck. One can only hope the neck shot and quiet time in prison will help him turn his life around. If not, maybe next time he won't be so lucky.

Muawijhe

Green Belt
Reaction score
Just so long as his lesson learned isn't to bring a gun and shoot first next time...

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Some people are not cut out for a life of crime but unfortunately, they have large amounts of good luck. One can only hope the neck shot and quiet time in prison will help him turn his life around. If not, maybe next time he won't be so lucky.
Personally I think the customer missed by aiming too low.
I'd capped him in the head and removed the scum from the gene pool.

Just so long as his lesson learned isn't to bring a gun and shoot first next time...
Yeah, there is THAT!

The customer is lucky that it was a box cutter. While no less lethal (as evident from the attacks on the planes on 9/11), just not AS intimidating, it's been shown here on MT (via video) that a fast mover with a knife CAN win out over a gun.

Latest Discussions