Bob Orlando Video Clips from Belgium! (2005)

Mr. E

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It may be some time before you can take a seminar from Mr Orlando. Health reason have cut back on his ability to teach at least in the short term.

But he has many skilled instructors under him. Please do not discount them.

In person, he is a very skilled, humble being. Just being around him lifts the spirit. He is a great communicator and is able to convey what he wants to say so that everyone can understand the points he wants to make.

It may be a while before he is able to give instruction again. But I think that is would be a good experience for many. You can find his books and DVDs for sale on the internet. Buying them and getting to know what he does would be a great help in understanding what he does before showing up IMHO.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, Mr. E. :asian:

I've heard quite a bit about him but have yet to take the opportunity to take a seminar with him or his instructors. I hope to do so before too long, and appreciate the tip ;)

Bill Bednarick

Green Belt
Reaction score
Mr.E,

What is wrong with Mr. Orlando? I hope he gets better soon.

Brian hosted him for a seminar and I attended it. Very intense, yet very articulate.

Nothing was as funny as him asking me if I had my cup on (he requires them).
Then him instantly kicking me in the groin as I answered.

He said he had neck problem then, but you couldn't tell from the way he moved.

I hope to train with him or one of his instructors again.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just talked with Bob via email and he is recovering and much better at this point. He is still open for teaching seminars and workshops and we will be having him up here in Alma, Michigan sometime soon.

Really if you get a chance to train with him it truly is an eye opening experience. I have trained with many, many people and his analytical approach to what he does is very, very good and allows a seminar participant to really pick up the material. (he's one of the best)

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
On an aside note we will be having Bob Orlando back up to the middle of Michigan in August 2008.

http://www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com/seminars.html

So if you are interested in some serious Indonesian Kuntao/Silat leg work drills and applications then this will definately be a seminar you do not wnat to miss.
icon14.gif

Mr. E

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Good to hear that Mr Orlando will be better by at least summer of next year and it already planning an event with you.

The cup thing is an important one. Thank you to Mr Bednarick for bringing it up. He 'suggests' it for both men and women. If you are going to train with him, bring one along ahead of time.

And the guy that hosted Mr Orlando in the original clips is a nice guy to train with as well if you travel in Europe. Wim is a friendly guy with a lot of skill. He has developed a simple, no- nonsense set of moves that are easy to learn and can be applied in a wide variety of circumstances. If you get a chance to take his mini course on it I would say you should take it.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good to hear that Mr Orlando will be better by at least summer of next year and it already planning an event with you.

The cup thing is an important one. Thank you to Mr Bednarick for bringing it up. He 'suggests' it for both men and women. If you are going to train with him, bring one along ahead of time.

And the guy that hosted Mr Orlando in the original clips is a nice guy to train with as well if you travel in Europe. Wim is a friendly guy with a lot of skill. He has developed a simple, no- nonsense set of moves that are easy to learn and can be applied in a wide variety of circumstances. If you get a chance to take his mini course on it I would say you should take it.

Hey Mr. E yes he is doing better now and training and teaching regularly. Oh and definately if you want to train with Bob then bring a cup. (of course if you train with me as well that applies) You certainly do not want to be there without one!
icon6.gif

jdp29

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I've hosted Bob here in Rhode Island in the past. He does a great job and is passionate about what he does. I would highly recommend him, you will get more than your $$ worth!

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for posting these!
I have some Bob Orlando material & a ton of stuff from Willem DeThouars & it's all great!