Blow Guns

A

AnimEdge

I searched for it here found nothing so i figured ill just post and ask,
I would like to by a blow gun
And i have seen that there are a lot of size verations and i wanted to know what the diffrences between them?

I mean i woudl think the 12' is easyer to carry around but does it have less range and accurasy than the larger ones? is carrying a 60' one better? i guess it could be use as a bo staff if needed but who knows :p

i guess sence tehre like 10bucks a thing i could just buy a bunch and test um or maybe thats the idea, you buy a bunch and use it for diffrent things, any ideas?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Guess it would depend on what you are doing with it and the distance you want to be able to cover with your dart.
Are you planning on hunting or just target practice?

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
i have a small blow gun. pretty accurate on short rage but can't do too much damage if you want to hunt with it. for range/distance... the longer the better. you might be able to find them through bud k for cheap. i think they offered them at one time.
using them as a bow? wouldn't recommend it. you might get a kink and then its ruined. we used to make them out of pvc pipe (when i was a kid). i guess those can be used as a bow, but not the professional skinny ones.
peace

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If I were going to buy one today I would get the heavy duty cold steel model. I had one of the .40 caliber/4 foot ones when I was younger; they are a heck of a lot of fun to play around with.

OP
A

AnimEdge

I guess i will get a .40 one when i get one, mixed lengths :p

OP
S

Shurikan

Bud K use to have a nice 5foot one that broke down into a 2-1/2 foot one

OP
A

AnimEdge

besides the actuall size whats the diff in .40 and .50? is it just a personal prefrence or what?