Best tactical light for a pistol?

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows of a product that's similar, or better, than Surefire's X300, at a lower price?

Don't get me wrong; I love my Surefire X300, but if there's something similarly as good for a lower price, I'd be willing to try it out.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I absolutely love my PentagOnLight and I think I bought mine around $55 or so. It definately is a great tactical flash light!
icon6.gif

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
X300 is a great light!

How cheap do you want to go? I have a cheap coast LED "Lenser" light on my SBR that I'm pretty surprised with. Nowhere near an X300 but for what it cost its not bad.

I tried a Liberator handheld light at one indoor match. Its a good light that gives you more options if you want to use the light without the gun. Might have to pick one up myself.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The PentagOn Light that I use is a hand held light. Personally I do not want too much stuff on any side arm that I have because of draw and malfunction issues. It is all about reliability.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The PentagOn Light that I use is a hand held light. Personally I do not want too much stuff on any side arm that I have because of draw and malfunction issues. It is all about reliability.
I like a tactical/gun-mounted light for building searches and similar night-time needs. Nothing like fumbling with after your flashlight when you really need to see somewhere...

But I don't like the holsters for tac lights for regular patrol; they're too loose, and I don't think they've got great retention.

Note that NONE of this removes the need for a good flashlight (or two), whether you work days or nights. You can't use a gunlight just to illuminate something...

VegasM4

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have a Streamlight TLR-1 LED tac light mounted on my Glock 21 and I couldn't be any happier with it.I work mostly at nights and a good weapon mounted light is invaluable for building searches,felony vehicle stops,and area searches at night.The jurisdiction I work in has weather,elevation,and temperature extremes and I have never had problems with my light.Be safe.

Zombievt

White Belt
Reaction score
Yup, the TLR-1 is a great choice. Aluminum body, the one I have is 80 lumen with and LED lamp but the new ones are 130 lumen, IRRC. You should be able to find them for around $100.00.

Latest Discussions