Being in debt to china threatens "Red Dawn"

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is just not debt that threatens the remake of the movie "Red Dawn." This article by John Nolte points out that the market in CHina is too big to risk offending them. Gee, if only the conservative market was too big to be offended.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/j...n-code-mgm-scrubs-china-from-red-dawn-remake/

From the article:

The L.A. Times:
China has become such an important market for U.S. entertainment companies that one studio has taken the extraordinary step of digitally altering a film to excise bad guys from the Communist nation lest the leadership in Beijing be offended. …
[P]otential distributors are nervous about becoming associated with the finished film, concerned that doing so would harm their ability to do business with the rising Asian superpower, one of the fastest-growing and potentially most lucrative markets for American movies, not to mention other U.S. products.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Go on, I know I'll regret asking but tell me, what movie has been made that was not amended to cater to those sensitive 'conservative' sensitivities for fear of destroying the profitability of the release?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No, I'm used to that. The funny thing about this particular cave in is that the movie is already finished. They are going back and digitally eliminating any trace of anything remotely chinese in the movie. Flags, insignia and so on. that is the really funny thing.

Latest Discussions