beginner BJJ question

firerex

Orange Belt
Reaction score
make it a challenge but dont beat them using strength, people will look at u and not want to be ur partner because u muscle everything instead of actually use technique, by that i dont mean dont use muscle WITH your technique (like drive ur hips with the oopa, dont just barely raise and expect them to fall) but i have a guy who does nothing but muscle everything and hes really annoying and no body likes him because of that, plus hes always getting tapped because he doesnt have technique knowledge

Raynac

Green Belt
Reaction score
a little off topic i had to read at least 3/4 of the page to realize that you actually didn't mean rolling.

you mentioned something about the arm bar earlier and clasping your hands toghether. im pretty I learned a technique to get out that doesn't require brute strenght, in it we just "L-out" (i hope you guys know what that means cause it would be hard to describe...) to the side your arm is on, while using that movement to bend your elbow away from you thus ruining their armbar...

im not sure what happens after but you end upp reversing the armbar back on them. I went to the groundfighting seminar where i learned it while i was still a really relativly new white belt. so i didn't absorb the information quite the way I wanted to.

Latest Discussions