Beating dead horses?

Reaction score
Sorry about digging up old threads, but I've been strolling down memory lane lately. My mom was killed in an auto accident 2yrs ago, and I've finally got the nerve to go through some of the things from her apartment that I put in a storage shed. I found various old photos from my karate days, and got an extra twing of loss at the memory of Odo Seikichi Sensei, so I started looking on here for posts about him. That's why all of those old links are popping up with new comments.

OP
P
Reaction score
And shame on those of you that opened this thread in hopes of it being a cool new way to train your reverse punch!

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
It's cool with me sir. I often find myself reminiscing about previous experiences when something gets triggered by an old piece of video or a photo. I think it's normal - but then again I'm kinda weird - and Doc confirmed that one for me...heh.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
well how about scanning those old pics and post 'em here... if you got pics of you and your sensei even better! :D
We DO have a photo gallery... :D so c'mon share with us... we'd love to see 'em

Reaction score
Sorry about digging up old threads, but I've been strolling down memory lane lately. My mom was killed in an auto accident 2yrs ago, and I've finally got the nerve to go through some of the things from her apartment that I put in a storage shed. I found various old photos from my karate days, and got an extra twing of loss at the memory of Odo Seikichi Sensei, so I started looking on here for posts about him. That's why all of those old links are popping up with new comments.

Actually Carol, doing that can be a healing aspect for those "twinges of loss", especially if you are associated into the memories of the good times.

You are very logical and a searcher so I suggest you pick up a copy of "Heart of the Mind" by Steve and Connirae Andreas, and study pages 110-120 on Grief Resolution.

It's a great skill to have knowledge of, and one of which I personally have put to great use with myself and with my own clients and students over the past few years.

Dr. John M. La Tourrette

Latest Discussions