Beagle is Top Dog! Dance Snoopy Dance!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Something for you Beagle owners and other dog lovers.
For the first time the Beagle wins Best of Show!
Hail, Snoopy! Beagle wins Westminster
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080213/ap_on_re_us/dog_show;_ylt=An6SnQLkQ0oF8rKzlcOXmuzNaMYA
By BEN WALKER, AP National Writer 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
NEW YORK - Start dancin', Snoopy. You're out of the Westminster doghouse. At long last, a beagle is America's top dog. Baying and barking to his heart's delight, Uno lived up every bit to his name Tuesday night, becoming the first of his breed to win best in show at the nation's biggest canine competition.
"He's a people's dog, a merry little hound," handler Aaron Wilkerson said.
A sold-out crowd at Madison Square Garden that called and chanted Uno's name stood and roared when he was picked as numero uno. He got right into the act, jumping on Wilkerson and confirming his other title: noisiest in show.
Years from now, it'll be known as the "ah-roo!" heard 'round the ring.
The only breed consistently among the nation's most popular dogs for nearly 100 years, a beagle had never won in the 100 times the Westminster Kennel Club had chosen a winner. That changed when judge J. Donald Jones pointed to this nearly 3-year-old package of personality.
No longer an underdog — make that an Underdog — Uno beat out two neatly primped poodles, a top Sealyham terrier, a sleek Weimaraner, a lively Australian shepherd and a sprightly Akita.
"He's perfect, he was a 10," Jones said. "He does cuteness well."
Precocious as he was precious, Uno celebrated by chewing on the microphones of reporters who tried to interview his winning crew. Those had to suffice for the yellow, soft duck that's his favorite toy.

Attachments

• $BEAGLE WINS.jpg
    $BEAGLE WINS.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 118
  • $snoopy_dance.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 105

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Gotta add a pic of our beagle to this thread! We bought a beagle back in September and this is the first night he spent at our home. He was so nervous with his new environment that my son volunteered to sleep on the floor with him. Beagles are awesome dogs!

- Ceicei

Attachments

• $IMG00093.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 137

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
A Beagle wins Westminster

:bangahead::headbangin: :bangahead: :headbangin::bangahead::headbangin: :bangahead: :headbangin:
:partyon:

:highfive::highfive:
:boing2:

My first dog was a Beagle and it is my favorite breed

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yea saw that on ESPN this morning I was amazed that a Beagle won, good for him and the owner.

Latest Discussions