Barr: The Case for Bob Barr

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
11-01-2008 11:24 AM
Andrew Lohse presents the case for Bob Barr in the Dartmouth Review:

I had the privilege of interviewing the Congressman and seeing him speak at Beta, and can honestly say that in Barr, the American people can find a rare amalgam of principle, persistence, and philosophy that no other major party candidate has. I mean, come on, when was the last time Barack Obama—former Constitutional law professor—cited the Federalist Papers in his stump speech? When was the last time John McCain mentioned the Constitution or the Bill of Rights at a Town Hall meeting?

Watching Barr rail against the American two-party system should have been inspirational for any politically-minded Dartmouth student. When asked about the woes of this system, Barr points out that “the lesser of two evils is still evil,” and summarizes his campaign as “trying to convince the American people that they deserve better. They used to never be satisfied with that sort of notion, that they had to pick between two poor choices, but since the two party system has become so ingrained, it’s now endemic. I could not support either of them.”
[..]
Barr may not be the smoothest political candidate running in this election, but he is capable of discussing the issues, government, and philosophy in a way that most modern-day candidates are not.

With the election just around the corner, and an Obama victory almost unavoidable, it is not too late to shift gears and send a message to the Republican National Committee that we true conservatives want Barr’s version of conservatism—not McCain’s or Palin’s. The Republican Party needs to realign itself with the traditional political right, and the more votes Barr gets, the more the RNC will understand that its version of pseudo-conservatism is no longer acceptable. This is not changing the Republican Party; this is reminding it of its roots.

Barr says it best: “I will not believe to my dying day that America has passed a point of no return. Every day that goes by is a chance to change America for the better and return it to the way that its founding fathers and Constitution envisioned it.”

This article is a must read for any Barr supporter. Check it out and send it to your friends.

ShareThis

More...
8.jpg

Latest Discussions