Atlas Shrugged Review

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a review over at bighollywood.com of the Atlas Shrugged movie. Since it is a conservative/libertarian site, they may have at least an appreciation of the movie a regular critic might not have.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/j...ged-part-1-review-high-speed-rail-done-right/

A question for all of the Atlas Shrugged fans out there, was Jar Jar Binks really the head of Riordan Steel? Is this where Lucas got the idea for the character?

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is a review over at bighollywood.com of the Atlas Shrugged movie. Since it is a conservative/libertarian site, they may have at least an appreciation of the movie a regular critic might not have.
http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/j...ged-part-1-review-high-speed-rail-done-right/
A question for all of the Atlas Shrugged fans out there, was Jar Jar Binks really the head of Riordan Steel? Is this where Lucas got the idea for the character?

No, JarJar was not in Atlas Shrugged, nor any character like him. But I thought you read it, you should know. Or did you not read it and take the reviewer's little joke seriously?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Omar, do you really think that I thought Jar Jar binks was the head of Reardon Steel in Atlas Shrugged?

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't know what you think. I know what you wrote. But you have managed to spell "Rearden Steel" wrong in two posts on the same topic so I'm leaning towards it being a real question, after all, the word "Rearden" only appears a couple thousand times in there. Maybe you do think a Star Wars alien is a character in a book written decades ago.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Why the tension Omar, I read the book, probably ten years ago, and didn't think it important enough to remember the spelling from the review. I figured that people who had read the book would definitely know who I meant. And get that Jar Jar was a joke.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I got that JarJar was a joke, coming from the original journalist. But your asking if he was a main character while misspelling the name of one of the main characters in two consecutive posts points to having not read the book.

Latest Discussions