Astute Comment on US Legal System by Russian Karateka

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A good friend of mine, a Russian immigrant and dojo-mate where I train in Isshin-Ryu, was recently hit in an automobile accident. He was not hurt, thankfully, but he had this comment to make on Facebook:
"Some guy drove head-on into my car on an intersection. Four hours after the incident people started calling me with offers of legal services. "What do you mean you aren't injured? Not even a little bit?" Four hours. The system that sells your information is wonderfulyl efficent."

Man, he's got us pegged! Funny and at the same time, very sad. We're so good at the things that don't matter, so bad at the things that do. If he had been injured, he would have spent more time than that in the hospital ER waiting room.

America, what a country!

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ive been in a 3 accidents and nobody has ever called me guess im not important enough

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ive been in a 3 accidents and nobody has ever called me guess im not important enough

Me neither. Makes me wonder how the information got out in this case. I don't think the police have started selling address and phone number lists like the cable company...yet.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Me neither. Makes me wonder how the information got out in this case. I don't think the police have started selling address and phone number lists like the cable company...yet.

Maybe they should to bolster the budget....

(Beats calling about town for donations from the people....)

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

If I had to guess either lawyers check daily reports at police departments since most of that info is public record if someone is charged in the accident or Insurance companies sell your info when you call and file your claims

Latest Discussions