Ask me anything about being "That Guy"

ThatGuy

White Belt
Reaction score
That guy who shows up to the dojo with gi spotless and white, belt tied with perfect knot

That guy who learns the techniques before every other student, and demonstrates it flawlessly

That guy who the insructor looks at and thinks "some day, this guy will be better than even myself"

That guy who gets promoted ahead of you, because he has textbook understanding of the system

That guy who always beats you down in sparring class, even when he's having an off day

That guy who goes through each form only once a day at home, and is able to execute it better than someone who spends hours at a time working the same kata

That guy who gets asked to be assistant instructor, even though you've both started training at the same time

That guy who can whup butt on the street, while you struggle to remember which techniques to use under pressure

That guy driving away from class in the convertable Mustang, with a fine lass in the passenger seat, "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins playing on the stereo

K

kenpochad

ThatGuy said:
"Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins playing on the stereo
he sounds like a cool guy untell you said he lessons to Kenny Loggins
ha ha just kidding

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow! Could such a human being truly exist? What a pleasure it would be to even once have the opportunity to associate with such an individual. My breathe shortens just thinking about it....Well, actually, now that I think about it, it sounds boring....:idunno:

KenpoEMT

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ahh...the Willie Nelson of martial arts.

:supcool: :ultracool :rolleyes:

S

Satori

Wow...That Guy is gonna have a rude awakening when he realizes he isn't as cool as he thinks he is.

That Guy is bound to get his rear handed to him by a much smaller, female opponent. Of course, it wasn't his fault...nothing is ever That Guy's fault.

That Guy will probably drop out of College while pursuing a Degree in Basket Weaving because "His teachers just don't understand how smart he is."

That Guy is headed for a number of jobs where he, That Guy, will be fired for not listening to his superiors. Of course, That Guy always KNOWS he is the one who should be the manager.

That Guy is on the correct path to several ruined marriages, marriages that could have worked except that "She just wouldn't change."

That Guy will end up broken, poor, uneducated, and alone simply because That Guy doesn't understand that the world doesn't revolve around him.

So, That Guy...how does it feel to be doomed to a miserable life of your own making?

May you achieve
Satori

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think that those "guys" more than likely go to those "schools".

I know if I had "that guy" in class..he would probably never get promoted until he had learned a little humility. That guy probably has some type of inferiority complex as well. Compensating for something?

Martial Tucker

Black Belt
Reaction score
ThatGuy said:
That guy who shows up to the dojo with gi spotless and white, belt tied with perfect knot

That guy who learns the techniques before every other student, and demonstrates it flawlessly

That guy who the insructor looks at and thinks "some day, this guy will be better than even myself"

That guy who gets promoted ahead of you, because he has textbook understanding of the system

That guy who always beats you down in sparring class, even when he's having an off day

That guy who goes through each form only once a day at home, and is able to execute it better than someone who spends hours at a time working the same kata

That guy who gets asked to be assistant instructor, even though you've both started training at the same time

That guy who can whup butt on the street, while you struggle to remember which techniques to use under pressure

That guy driving away from class in the convertable Mustang, with a fine lass in the passenger seat, "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins playing on the stereo

Too sexy for my dojo.....LOL!!!

mj_lover

Blue Belt
Reaction score
i'm lost, what is this about? whats going on? why am i sober? oh well...

HandsOfStone

White Belt
Reaction score
ThatGuy said:

You gotta be kidding me! Do you also walk around with the "Glow", like Bruce Leroy in The Last Dragon? :rolleyes:

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That guy, who is obviously a troll. That guy who is probably a Martial Talk member who created a new account to stir the pot a bit anonymously but doesn't understand how IP tracing works. That guy, who might just be a Bullshido nutcase who followed one of Eyebeams's links. (Which would be worse?)

That guy, who's gonna get the beat down from shesulsa. That poor guy.

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That poor guy, hes a karate geek, laugh at him.
smile.gif

Lamont
Hahahahahahahahahahaha....karate geek......hahahaha

seriously though, I have met people that actually believe this...until they spar with me....haha lol.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Satori said:
Wow...That Guy is gonna have a rude awakening when he realizes he isn't as cool as he thinks he is.

That Guy is bound to get his rear handed to him by a much smaller, female opponent. Of course, it wasn't his fault...nothing is ever That Guy's fault.

That Guy will probably drop out of College while pursuing a Degree in Basket Weaving because "His teachers just don't understand how smart he is."

That Guy is headed for a number of jobs where he, That Guy, will be fired for not listening to his superiors. Of course, That Guy always KNOWS he is the one who should be the manager.

That Guy is on the correct path to several ruined marriages, marriages that could have worked except that "She just wouldn't change."

That Guy will end up broken, poor, uneducated, and alone simply because That Guy doesn't understand that the world doesn't revolve around him.

So, That Guy...how does it feel to be doomed to a miserable life of your own making?

May you achieve
Satori
That guy who's ego is waaaaay to big to lower himself to be on this Forum or even Board IMHO.

-Michael

Shizen Shigoku

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Wow, except for the white 'gi, mustang, and Kenny Loggins, that all describes me pretty well too.

Here's my question: What techniques does That Guy use under pressure to "whup butt" on teH S7r337?

[okay I can't pretend to take this seriously anymore . . . HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA good stuff]

Thanks for sharing!

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
You are my new hero. How can I be like you? Can I join your fan club? Can I give you ridiculous amounts of money for instruction in the hopes that your cool will rub off on me? Can we make fun of and laugh at other martial arts and artists who aren't as cool as we are? You must be a great striker and grappler who can move through all 10 ranges of combat. You and I can go on the internet together and expose frauds in the martial arts, meaning anyone who isn't as cool as we are.

Latest Discussions