Are there any good schools aroound milledgville Ga.

OP
S

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
OK I guess not.
HOw about Warner Robins. Atlanta I guess would be fine as well.

P

pknox

If I remember correctly, a Sifu Rocky Byars runs a Shuai Chaio school in Warner-Robbins that is supposed to have an excellent reputation. As for Atlanta, there are many many schools to choose from, just like in most major cities. Check out this very comprehensive list for more details:

http://www.atlantamartialarts.com/

OP
S

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks pknox
ill look into the one in warner robins first. Now if some one could tell me what Shuai Chaio is like. I gueess that question belongs on the chinese martial art board.

P

pknox

someguy:

How'd your search turn out? I may be moving to Atlanta or the surrounding 'burbs in about a year, so I'm interested in what you were able to find.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bud Malmstrom (sp) ran a Bujinkan Dojo in Atlanta some years back. Does anyone know if that is still open?

Cthulhu

P

pknox

Here's a link...

http://www.bujinkanatl.com/training.html

The dojo appears to still be around; evidently Shidoshi Malstrom only teaches through seminars now, and the regular groups meet at two different locations and are taught by others - one in Glenridge and one in North Marietta.

Both of those places were ones I thought about checking out once I got down there, even before I know they were connected to Shidoshi Malstrom. Knowing that only makes it better.

L

lyonsd

pknox said:
If I remember correctly, a Sifu Rocky Byars runs a Shuai Chaio school in Warner-Robbins that is supposed to have an excellent reputation.
Rocky Byars moved to Florida a few years ago and died about two years ago. His student (first name Clay) may be running a Kung Fu Club in Warner Robins.

As for Atlanta, there are many many schools to choose from, just like in most major cities. Check out this very comprehensive list for more details:

http://www.atlantamartialarts.com/
David Lin teaches Shuai Chiao in Atlanta. But he doesn't run a commercial school. Go to the Chinese Community Center in Chamblee on Thursday nights at 19:00

OP
S

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Heh I kind of didn't notice that this had been posted on for a while. For now I have decided to train abit by my self. Atlanta is like 2 hours away from me and my schedule wouldn't allow it. I found there are a couple schools around here but I have college type classes at all the wrong times.
lyonsd would you have any clue on where I could find out about that. I'm around there on some weekends so that would be kind of intresting to look into.

Latest Discussions