Anyone use this kind of twist bar? Tell me your experience

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am thinking about buying this:
https://www.amazon.com/EAST-MOUNT-T...8562440&sprefix=power+twister+,aps,287&sr=8-7

I have the old style ones with big spring type, I just hit my face by one because it slipped out of my hand. I don't feel like being "punched" like that. So I am looking at options.

Seems like there is a catch with those hydrolic bar, if you just apply a little force and just keep bending it, it will slowly bent in even without using a lot of strength, not like spring that it just as strong regardless how fast or slow you try to bend it. Meaning it's lighter if you bend it slowly. The resistance is speed depedent.

Just want to see what's you experience.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that says it all! Why don’t you get some dumbbells instead? Tried and tested equipment.

Einstein’s son was a professor of hydraulics I believe…

OP
A

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have plenty of dumbells, it's not the same.

Or else, you just do bench press, dumb bell curls and it's enough. It's not.

I can assure you it is different.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have plenty of dumbells, it's not the same.

Or else, you just do bench press, dumb bell curls and it's enough. It's not.

I can assure you it is different.
Couldn't you just reproduce that tension exercise without buying a special tool (it's basically like a gardening lopper).

I watched the video, which was silly, but the muscle groups they target are pretty common. A pushup would hit most.

You can squeeze almost anything that way. $40 is lot of cash.

OP
A

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Couldn't you just reproduce that tension exercise without buying a special tool (it's basically like a gardening lopper).

I watched the video, which was silly, but the muscle groups they target are pretty common. A pushup would hit most.

You can squeeze almost anything that way. $40 is lot of cash.
No, it's not like push up at all. I do pushing for warmup. I can fly through 50 with legs 3ft off the floor easily. I am using the old school spring coil type. It's dangerous, it slipped off my hand the other day and wack my face!!!! this is what I have:
Twist bar.jpg

I just want to get something safer than these.

Believe me, it's completely different if you ever try one. Do NOT think you can bench 225lbs and you can fly through these.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah…a power twister! I had one of those in the 80s. I was very careful and never flicked myself in the face with it but my brother did and when I witnessed the mishap…well how I laughed! 😂

Why don’t you just buy one and try it? It seems your preferred type of exerciser.

OP
A

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ah…a power twister! I had one of those in the 80s. I was very careful and never flicked myself in the face with it but my brother did and when I witnessed the mishap…well how I laughed! 😂

Why don’t you just buy one and try it? It seems your preferred type of exerciser.
It really hurts hitting by those, it even scratch my face and everyone notice and laugh!!! I already put the safety loop over my wrist, I even use those sticky bottle opener to grab the handle. Just a moment of lack of concentration did that to me. I was watching news on tv, just slight lost of concentration and wack!!!!

It's not that I prefer this, just I am weak on this, so I need to at least do it a little. Only like 3 sets a week.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really hurts hitting by those, it even scratch my face and everyone notice and laugh!!!
I’m so sorry for laughing (😂). It was the indignant look on my brother’s face when it whacked him on the side of the face that made me chortle.

I’m actually surprised power twisters are allowed to go on sale as the potential for injury is so great. They should be standard army issue for the armed forces. Just hand them over to the enemy and let them maim themselves!

By-the-way, when you’re training your muscles, it is suggested that forging a brain/muscle ‘connection’ leads to better development, so no TV-watching! It appears easiest to do with the biceps and quads but more difficult for…🤔… tensor veli palatini.

Latest Discussions