Anyone heard of this guy?

OP
R

RHD

Operator06 said:
I ran across this guy's website fishing around on the net. http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/robertsmith/

He claims to have taught SEAL Teams H2H in 1968. HOw true is this and does anyone know if indeed he was a SEAL Team Operator?

:rofl:
Try not to judge the book by its cover!!! He looks like a fighter :rolleyes:

Damn...he's got 3, that's right folks, 3 10th degree blackbelts.

Now my Cantonese isn't so good but his system is what? Young-Fist-Red :idunno:

What is it with these people and their made up Chinese styles? They have absolutely no relationship whatsoever with the Chinese Martial Arts community. The names of thier systems are almost always nonsensical. And best of all, they all have multiple extremely high ranks in a wide variety of styles. Wake up and smell the coffee!!!!!

Mike

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doesn't this say enough ....

8th Degree Black Belt Atemi Do
6th Degree Black Belt Nindo Ryu Gendai Taijutsu

Mike...

He says he's blended Northern Shaolin 5 Animal, Choy Lee Fut & Hung Ga along with all that other junk to come up with his system.

%-}:mp5:

OP
R

RHD

clfsean said:
Doesn't this say enough ....

[/i][/color]

Mike...

He says he's blended Northern Shaolin 5 Animal, Choy Lee Fut & Hung Ga along with all that other junk to come up with his system.

%-}:mp5:

Of course he did. You can see the strong Southern influence in his massive forearms :xtrmshock
What a joke. Maybe I'll order one of his video tapes for a good laugh.

Mike

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
RHD said:
Of course he did. You can see the strong Southern influence in his massive forearms :xtrmshock
What a joke. Maybe I'll order one of his video tapes for a good laugh.

Mike
True about those massive forearms. I can see lots of sam sing there... :whip:

If you do, let me know what you see. I may want to get a copy myself for late night drunken kung fu flick parties so people will know what not to do...

I really like how he broke out qinna from the "core art" & then also Japanesed it into a separate Kenpo system... God the genius there....

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
When I was in the Marines and Army (National Guard) both, I had opportunities to teach some H2H during the training schedules. Sometime people get invited to teach at a buddies unit here and there...doesn't make you a military trainer.
Same with people who claim to 'instruct special ninja spyguy..." advertising just because a student in the class is in those professions.

It is embellishment/self promotion (advertising?) propaganda, that's all.

It is no secret that TGACE is a training partner and friend of mine. He is currently an LEO and SWAT team member for his police department. I could make the claim, and accurately so, that I have a SWAT trained instructor on staff...but what purpose do such statements serve?

It is the adult/advertising equivalent of saying "My Dad's a cop." or "I know Britney Spear's personal trainer..." Doesn't mean better, just means you had the opportunity because you pursued it or it came to you.

What you do with that experience afterwards will be telling though....as in this case.

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
clfsean said:
I don't know if you are kidding or not. So, I will take the risk of looking gullible and answer :). Tgace uses the avatar of a SWAT operator pointing an MP5 forward. He is also has a fairly complete profile available in the members list.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My ears are ringing...is my name being used in vain?? ;)

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
loki09789 said:
When I was in the Marines and Army (National Guard) both, I had opportunities to teach some H2H during the training schedules. Sometime people get invited to teach at a buddies unit here and there...doesn't make you a military trainer.
Same with people who claim to 'instruct special ninja spyguy..." advertising just because a student in the class is in those professions.

It is embellishment/self promotion (advertising?) propaganda, that's all.

It is no secret that TGACE is a training partner and friend of mine. He is currently an LEO and SWAT team member for his police department. I could make the claim, and accurately so, that I have a SWAT trained instructor on staff...but what purpose do such statements serve?

It is the adult/advertising equivalent of saying "My Dad's a cop." or "I know Britney Spear's personal trainer..." Doesn't mean better, just means you had the opportunity because you pursued it or it came to you.

What you do with that experience afterwards will be telling though....as in this case.
Relative to this point....

http://www.hssinternational.com/code/tactip/articles/moma.html

OP
T

TonyM.

I can't speak for now, but I'm quite sure that any civilian that claims to have taught servicemen HtoH on duty on post in the sixties or seventies is a liar.

DoxN4cer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Operator06 said:
I ran across this guy's website fishing around on the net. http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/robertsmith/

He claims to have taught SEAL Teams H2H in 1968. HOw true is this and does anyone know if indeed he was a SEAL Team Operator?

This sounds like one to send into phonyveterans.com. Most (99.99%) SEALs aren't SEALs for just one year.

Whoever he is he sure looks like he eats well, and check out those action poses in his photo gallery.

CMack11

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Good entertainment. I can't say I would ever trust a 'hefty' kung fu master. Did anybody see how he calls himself 'The Dragon' in his biography? :)

Good stuff.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
CMack11 said:
Good entertainment. I can't say I would ever trust a 'hefty' kung fu master. Did anybody see how he calls himself 'The Dragon' in his biography? :)

Good stuff.
Heh, yeah that was great. Whats with calling himself sijo ? Oh, and the chin na picture looked like it wasn't even working correctly.

7sm

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
TonyM. said:
I can't speak for now, but I'm quite sure that any civilian that claims to have taught servicemen HtoH on duty on post in the sixties or seventies is a liar.
I don't know about that as and "ANY" statement but I would say that it would be rare - and if they did, it wouldn't be someone who felt the need to blab about it.

"Bear" Enoch (can't remember the author's real name right now) wrote a memoir about his service in the SEALS during the 60's including Vietnam duty. They went to all kinds of training from mule packing to truck driver school, locksmithing, .... you name it they tried it. Why? Because they were basically of the mentallity that you never know what skills might be useful until you are there OR what might come in handy as a decent cover story for espionage cover/fake IDs. They employed many civilian trainers for these classes (rumor has it that some weren't always the most 'upstanding citizens' shall we say as well).

I do agree that it is going to be a very small number of civilians that can claim to have worked with them if at all legitimately.

OP
S

sickz

man..this guys weird ...says he invented a weapon too.

Latest Discussions