Anyone been enjoying the Judo matches in Rio?

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Usually don't watch sports at all but I make exception for big events, plus, streaming allows us to see events not covered by the regular TV coverage (in the US). I have really been enjoying the Judo comps so far, albeit with some strange rules and thusly strange disqualifications. Also really been enjoying archery and a bit of fencing.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My wife and I watch as much of the Olympics as we can. Always have, just something we've always done. Were away from the house and missed the Judo, though.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched all of yesterdays and most of the day befores, absolutely cracking. Here we have Neil Adams a famous Olympic Judoka commentating which makes it even better, he has a wealth of knowledge.
As flatfish said some odd rules though, Neil Adams said some were brought in after the London Olympics and are being looked at again after Rio. I think it's being tweaked to much for the television cameras, to make it 'entertaining'. Adams is of the same generation of Judoka as my instructor who started in Judo and says that like TKD Olympic Judo is quite different from 'real' Judo. Still good though.

MAfreak

Purple Belt
Reaction score
i do too. and hope to do when wrestling and taekwondo is on.
some fencing i watch also. i missed archery but guess, its not that entertaining to watch (while i like to practice it anyway).

Latest Discussions