Anybody know anything about this?

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
You can't learn Kenpo by 'Mail Order'.

These manuals are only of value as refrence material, and even then the content may differ from what you have been taught in your school.

Les

OP
Maltair

Maltair

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yea I realize that, was just looking for some referance material and a differant point of view. Thanxs. I think I'm going to get it.

M

marshallbd

Maltair said:
Yea I realize that, was just looking for some referance material and a differant point of view. Thanxs. I think I'm going to get it.
So did you get it? Was it worth it?

OP
Maltair

Maltair

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well the certificates I got with it sure are nice :) I'm still trying to open the files. They came on a disk in .pub format. I have a friend at work that has publisher, so he is converting them for me. I'll let you know...

M

marshallbd

Maltair said:
Well the certificates I got with it sure are nice :) I'm still trying to open the files. They came on a disk in .pub format. I have a friend at work that has publisher, so he is converting them for me. I'll let you know...
I got the manuals as well and printed them out and placed them into a 3 ring binder to use for reference material. Well written and very easy to follow along. I tossed the certificates though...I'll earn those from an instructor when the time comes... :asian:

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
marshallbd said:
I got the manuals as well and printed them out and placed them into a 3 ring binder to use for reference material. Well written and very easy to follow along. I tossed the certificates though...I'll earn those from an instructor when the time comes... :asian:
Good man.

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
marshallbd said:
I tossed the certificates though...I'll earn those from an instructor when the time comes...

You have the right attitude.

How much depth do the manuals go into?

Do they discuss things like the theme of the techniques and what if situations?

Les

M

marshallbd

Les said:
You have the right attitude.

How much depth do the manuals go into?

Do they discuss things like the theme of the techniques and what if situations?

Les
Sorry for the delay, I have been away.
The manuals dont get too involved, some discussion on the techniques but mainly just a step by step breakdown of the techniques, and forms required for each belt level up to 5th Black by this School. Requirements may vary :asian:

shane23ss

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Did that material come from Michael Accord or some one trained by him?

M

marshallbd

shane23ss said:
Did that material come from Michael Accord or some one trained by him?
I believe Michael Acord.....but I'm not positive who actually wrote it. It is represented that it did come from his school in PA.

shane23ss

Blue Belt
Reaction score
marshallbd said:
I believe Michael Acord.....but I'm not positive who actually wrote it. It is represented that it did come from his school in PA.
So it looks pretty good? Do you have anything to reference it to? Like have you ever worked out with or trained with any Kenpo guys?

Latest Discussions