Any MA in Minnesota??

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well MT family, I got a new job!!

Im happy but the only thing is, I am moving to Minneapolis, MN. (No offense to the lovely people that live there).

I know nothing about the city and would like to know if anyone could recommend any MA schools out there. I would just like some options so any style is fine b/c I plan on checking them all out to see what iwould be the best for me. I have taken TKD and Kung Fu but I am open to anything as long as I feel comfortable where I am learning.

Thanks!

P.S. Is it really that cold up there?? lol

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats on your new job, Ace!

I wish I new more about MA in Minnesota. All I know is that it's cold. Too bad you're not moving to Los Angeles. I know more abou MA here & the weather is great!

All my best!

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score

You betcha! Its -18 F right now. Dat's cold fer dese parts donchaknow.

As far as MA, there are a lot of good schools in Minneapolis. You should be able to find almost anything you want. Depending on your interests, I could recommend a few places.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well MT family, I got a new job!!

Im happy but the only thing is, I am moving to Minneapolis, MN. (No offense to the lovely people that live there).

I know nothing about the city and would like to know if anyone could recommend any MA schools out there. I would just like some options so any style is fine b/c I plan on checking them all out to see what iwould be the best for me. I have taken TKD and Kung Fu but I am open to anything as long as I feel comfortable where I am learning.

Thanks!

Congratulations! I have heard Minneapolis is a wonderful city so I'm sure you'll like it. (after you acclimate to the weather, lol)

I don't know anything about schools in the area, you can narrow your search with recommendations and then just have to visit them and see what you think. I wish you the best, and keep us posted on your search. :asian:

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You betcha! Its -18 F right now. Dat's cold fer dese parts donchaknow.

As far as MA, there are a lot of good schools in Minneapolis. You should be able to find almost anything you want. Depending on your interests, I could recommend a few places.
Oh dear God.
Guess I will have to trade in my 2wd car for a 4wd truck then.

Thank you I would greatly appreciate any school that you could recommend.

Iceman - LOL...thanks anyways. Funny thing was that I was looking to move to California.

Jade...thanks. eah I figure that would be the best way as well with so many places out there and not knowing which is best way to start.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rick Faye's Minnesota Kali Group is an outstanding school.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Rick Faye's Minnesota Kali Group is an outstanding school.

I would second that. I have personally trained with Rick and with students of his and I would enthusiastically recommend that school. Kali is not the only thing they do at that school. It's one aspect. You'll get a well rounded martial arts education at MKG. Everything from ground, clinch and stand up all of the way to weapons and all of it so practical that Rick teaches a higher proportion of LEOs then anywhere else I've seen.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh dear God.
Guess I will have to trade in my 2wd car for a 4wd truck then.

Thank you I would greatly appreciate any school that you could recommend.

Iceman - LOL...thanks anyways. Funny thing was that I was looking to move to California.

Jade...thanks. eah I figure that would be the best way as well with so many places out there and not knowing which is best way to start.

You can get by with your 2wd down in Minneapolis. Forget that up in my neck of the woods.

Explorer

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You're always welcome to visit our little dojo. We train classical Okinawan martial arts in the Twin Cities northern suburbs.

A friend of ours teaches traditional Isshin Ryu in the White Bear Lake area.

The MN Kali group is terrific ... I've trained there and they should most definitely be a stop on your tour as you make up your mind.

Best Wishes,

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
thanks you guys! I will definately check out all the places you have mentioned.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You ever find anything Ace?

I'm working on starting a community program this spring. Otherwise, where you located? I might be able to recommend some cool places.