Any good Martial Arts in Chatsworth California?

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Checking for a friend of mine. He's interested in a good self defense dojo. Could be Karate, Kung Fu or any good self defense art.

Thank you.

L Canyon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I am not sure what is in Chatsworth, but where I train is a great place - Kung Fu San Soo Reseda, on Reseda Blvd. It's probably less than 10 miles from Chatsworth.

OP
Tames D

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
L Canyon said:
I am not sure what is in Chatsworth, but where I train is a great place - Kung Fu San Soo Reseda, on Reseda Blvd. It's probably less than 10 miles from Chatsworth.

Thanks. I think he'll be interested in this. Can you list the address and telephone? Is there a website?

L Canyon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
yes - www.sansooreseda.com

6117 Reseda Bl., Suite D (818) 996-7832. Open 5 nights a week, and 3 day classes a week. No contracts.

Paul Borisoff, the main instructor, studied with Chuck Cory and with Jimmy Woo, who brought the art over from China.

Reaction score
try a muay thai school for self defence , its one of the most effective (if not the most effective) martial art for real self defence , i am not saying this because i do muay thai , its the other way round , i chose muay thai because its right for me and its exelent self defence , however its only for stand up fighting and most schools dont do defence against weapons , but combined with BJJ or jujitsu its probably the best MA "combo"

after all muay thai would have to be good for real fights because its "ancestor" was made for war when a soldier lost his weapon he would still be able to defend himself (hence the very powerful techniques) , just send me a personal message if u want more info

hope i helped

chris

p.s.
i am not trying to be biased towards muay thai , other good martial arts for real fights (IMO) are:
karate
BJJ
jujitsu
judo
wrestling
boxing (preferably not on its own)
krav maga
and any weapons training (philipino is good for weapons that you would find in a street fight such as sticks , knives , swords)

once again hope i helped

chris

L Canyon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
sorry to beat a dead horse, but if you want a nice look at some san soo techniques, search "san soo" on www.youtube.com.

Some of the newer clips are feature Kyle Olsen, a young mma fighter, and the older clips are Jack Sera, who has been teaching for decades, and I believe took over Jimmy Woo's original school in El Monte.

The sequences will show a bice blend of strikes, kicks, knees & elbows, with joint locks, throws and takedowns. I have taken numerous arts before (Aikido, a mma blend, kickboxing) and San soo is a nece blend of numerous ranges and techniques, with proper and simple footwork to tie it all together. OK, soapbox rant is officially over.

Latest Discussions