any good black belt Poomsae videos?

jda

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
New to the forum, sorry if this post is a duplicate. Couldn't find a similar thread. Any one know of any good Black Belt forms videos? Specifically looking for Sip Jin and above. I'm looking for some of a more instructional nature not so much demonstration.
Thanks, JDA

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
New to the forum, sorry if this post is a duplicate. Couldn't find a similar thread. Any one know of any good Black Belt forms videos? Specifically looking for Sip Jin and above. I'm looking for some of a more instructional nature not so much demonstration.
Thanks, JDA

To really learn the application one must truely find an instructor that can properly teach them.

OP
jda

jda

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks, Terry. I have an instructor teaching me but I was hoping to have something at home to go along with his teachings. Something to help me between classes so I'm not so rusty at class time. For some reason Sip Jin is really hard for me to learn and I forget half of what I was taught by the next class period.
Thanks, JDA

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
To really learn the application one must truely find an instructor that can properly teach them.
Very true. There are many good books and video's of the Poomsae out there. Go to youtube and search for them. You can also go to seoulselection.com and they have a textbook/dvd combo. You have to pay shipping charges though.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks, Terry. I have an instructor teaching me but I was hoping to have something at home to go along with his teachings. Something to help me between classes so I'm not so rusty at class time. For some reason Sip Jin is really hard for me to learn and I forget half of what I was taught by the next class period.
Thanks, JDA

If you are learning the KKW wat then go to the Kukkwon website, they have the videos and the paper version for free.

rlobrecht

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I have my wife record our classes when we are first learning patterns. It gives me something to go back to, and I know we're learning it the right way. She just does it on her little point & shoot digital camera, so the video isn't that great, but it's enough for me to remember what to do.

That reminds me that I need her to come back and record Choong Moo, as we only learned the first half the night she videoed us.

OP
jda

jda

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, especially from the aggie! The problem with the kkw website is the videos are too small and I don't want to order a video off the net without having seen it first. I've seen some pretty bad ones. I'll try getting some one to record our next class and see if that helps.
Thanks, JDA

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, especially from the aggie! The problem with the kkw website is the videos are too small and I don't want to order a video off the net without having seen it first. I've seen some pretty bad ones. I'll try getting some one to record our next class and see if that helps.
Thanks, JDA

On the KKW site you can enlarge them when you transport them into some other program of your liking. One of the best thing to do is just simply ask your instructor what he would like you to do since he is teaching you.

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
The newest Kukkiown set of DVDs is impressive and to the latest standards. About $150 but the best add on tool out there. Also a recent book that was in the USTA site thats highly recommended but I am at work and conat remeber the title.
As mentioned the Kukkiwon site has videos and diagrams as well.

Dave O.

TeK

White Belt
Reaction score
I realize the threads a little old but for those intrested this is a brilliant breakdown of the wtf poomse for blackbelt, also look for other kytu vids on youtube for enlightenment.

bests TeK

http://youtu.be/7qSY0JeWdCg

apoligies MT , for some reason the link wont display and im baffled as why!

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I realize the threads a little old but for those intrested this is a brilliant breakdown of the wtf poomse for blackbelt, also look for other kytu vids on youtube for enlightenment.

bests TeK

http://youtu.be/7qSY0JeWdCg

apoligies MT , for some reason the link wont display and im baffled as why!
I think this is the link you want

Or just embed like this
[yt]7qSY0JeWdCg[/yt]

Last edited by a moderator:

chungdokwan123

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I don't know how the more experienced members would feel about this, but I enjoy the videos put out by Master Sang H. Kim available from Turtle Press. He has put together instructional videos of all Taeguk and Palgwe forms as well as other interests.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Here is a better site with the same DVD set but its $119.

http://www.mykick.com/?view=product&grcd=71100

This is really good DVD set and I learned my new forms from these DVDs.

I picked those up at the KKW instructor Course for $100. no tax, no shipping. Great deal and great set of dvds. Sure your school will probably vary a bit from how each technique is done, but you should be able to make the adjustments easy enough.

Just do your self ONE HUGE FAVOR>>>

DONT WATCH IT, LEARN IT AND GO TO CLASS AND SAY " thats wrong, KKW does it like this".

There's a way to show the differences without insulting your instructor. Sometimes, they dont know because they were taught differently and teach the way they were taught. So be warned...

Nothing wrong with differences...

terrylamar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I picked those up at the KKW instructor Course for $100. no tax, no shipping. Great deal and great set of dvds. Sure your school will probably vary a bit from how each technique is done, but you should be able to make the adjustments easy enough.

Just do your self ONE HUGE FAVOR>>>

DONT WATCH IT, LEARN IT AND GO TO CLASS AND SAY " thats wrong, KKW does it like this".

There's a way to show the differences without insulting your instructor. Sometimes, they dont know because they were taught differently and teach the way they were taught. So be warned...

I disagree, in part, the reason the Kukkiwon produced these DVD's and are sending their instructors throughout the world is to standardize poomse. If your instructor's are not teaching to the standard it needs to be brought to their attention, tactfully, of course.

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score

Thats exactly the problem here in the U.S.
In Korea the schools are up to date and communicate. Here Many Masters feel they are free to do as they want. Some dont know and many just feel its their way now. This comes from a generation of folks who came over with no communication when it tooks months to communicate. hard to change at this point.
It does not make it right though. If its the standard then its the standard.

Latest Discussions