another "questions" thread

banana man

White Belt
Reaction score
hi everyone, i am new to this site and the world of martial arts. I am 25 years oldand have previously done 1 year of muay thai (though it seemed more like a fitness class) and that is all. i have really taken time out lately to think about joining martial arts, it is something i have always wanted to do but never had the courage to do for fear of embarrassment.
I have found a "traditional wing chun" school, it comes from the William Cheung lineage, only problem i am finding is that when i search on the net i am finding so many articles discrediting "twc" and talking about watered down techniques and the inneffectiveness of wing chun in general. Now i know that most of the stuff you read on the internet is generally crap, but I want to make sure that I am going to be training at a school that isnt a "mcdojo" as I will be travelling 3 hours to train for each lesson.
The school is run by Sifu Alfredo del-brocco, who I have read about and he seems to sound good.
the school is here, http://www.brisbanewingchun.com/
I am sorry if this offends anyone by me putting the school instructor and details up but i want to see from others who are learning wing chun if this seems to be a good school, as i really have no idea what i am looking for.
thanks, Brendan.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
When all is said and done , what you will be learning is one man's interpretation of Wing Chun , the guy who is teaching it .

Wing Chun is not really an art at all but more a system with guiding principles and concepts , some of these principles and concepts can be open to interpretation.

The only way to find out if the school is for you will be to go and do a trial lesson , for what it's worth I have heard of Mr Del Brocco before and from what I have read he does seem to teach a very practical type of Wing Chun very much geared to the type of attacks one could be subjected to out in the street.

Latest Discussions