Another Martial Artist does the job on yet another burglar...

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No surprises here, but I'll bet the burglar was surprised.

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=13056816

Burglar arrested during second offense at the same home on the same day

HARVEST, AL (WAFF) - Madison County Sheriff's deputies arrested 22-year-old Rusty Lynn Burgess of Harvest on burglary charges Friday.
That's when investigators said Schrock found Burgess trying to steal more items.
Schrock, who teaches a mixed martial arts class, said he subdued the suspect until deputies arrived.
"I grabbed him and pretty much it was a judo slam with his neck. And just had some physical punishment until the cops got here," said Schrock.

Rock on, brother Schrock!

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are these guys all stupid, can't they stake out the place to see if anybody is home first? The last few threads you posted they either got shot or the crap kicked out of them. There must be a better way to make a living, I would think.
icon7.gif

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Are these guys all stupid, can't they stake out the place to see if anybody is home first? The last few threads you posted they either got shot or the crap kicked out of them. There must be a better way to make a living, I would think.
icon7.gif

Given that something like 96% of all burglaries go unsolved, I've always lumped this sort in the 4%-the least bright of the not very bright, given the odds....

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice!! :)

Bad guys=0
Good guys=1

And I know there has been mixed feelings on what I'm about to say, but obviously the homeowner here didn't think twice about grabbing this guy. Does anyone feel that he should've just let him go and not held onto him until the police arrived?

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Bad guys=0
Good guys=1

And I know there has been mixed feelings on what I'm about to say, but obviously the homeowner here didn't think twice about grabbing this guy. Does anyone feel that he should've just let him go and not held onto him until the police arrived?
IMNSHO....

Burglars should not be held for the police. They should await the arrival of the coroner.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Bad guys=0
Good guys=1

Not me. If he's in the house, the rules change. I don't know that I'd have intentionally grappled with the guy. Might have shot him. Might have grabbed if I didn't have a weapon handy. But violence would have ensued, as they say.

Now, had I discovered him as he fled from the house, I might or might not have pursued, depending on circumstances.

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Bad guys=0
Good guys=1

No.

Haze

Blue Belt
Reaction score
As a mixed martial art instructor I'm sure he evaluated the situation in a split second and may have thought he had size on the guy and more ability (we don't know), but most burglars are cowards. They try to employ their "art" where they will not be confronted by anyone. Unlike a robbery. If someone has a violent nature they most likely would be robbing or mugging people. (my2cents)

Latest Discussions