AMOK! Seminar in Prescott Ariz.

Franc0

Purple Belt
Reaction score
This past weekend I attended a 2 day seminar in AMOK! knife combatives with Tom Sotis, and it was great. Prof. Sotis is an excellent instructor whose knowledge of knifework definitely puts him on the list of the worlds great blade instructors. By the end of the seminar, my students and I had lots of sore arms and new friends and I look forward to training with him again.
I highly recommend attending an AMOK! seminar whenever you get the chance.

Franco

OP
Franc0

Franc0

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Brian R. VanCise said:
1. What did you particularly like about the seminar? 2. What did the seminar focus on? Thanks.

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

1. Watching someone who is considered by many as one of the foremost knife fighting instructors in the world validate alot of the same methods and strategies that I've been training & teaching for the past 20 yrs made me feel that I'm headed on the right path. I really liked the K2K drills that he showed, especially the dueling. That was fun.

2. The focus was towards the "Six Realms of Knife Combat' and "The Six Pressures and their effects", working on methods of dealing with these utilizing both K2K and unarmed defenses. From unarmed passing to counter cutting and beyond, Tom shared a boatload of knowledge.

Franco

Latest Discussions