ambadexterity

Jibbler

White Belt
Reaction score
are any of you ambraextres is so how did you gain this skill. oh and how do you spell it?

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nope.

You can get it by working your weak hand just as much, if not more than your strong one

ambidextrous

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I broke my wrist as an older teen and was in a cast all summer. That summer I learned to write with my left hand. Also, I broke that wrist pretty completely and it hasn't been right since. I'm not ambidextrous completely since I can't knife or palm strike a brick with my right but since I joined Taekwondo, I do all my hand stuff with my left. So, anything is possible. It just takes work. ;) TW

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, It is nice to be able to do both sides equally. This can be done by the training the weak side harder. (Ambidexterity) Is it really neccessary to be proficent equally? When we hit someone with speed and power, the more important thing is to hit the right place , than a very powerful strike. So the left hand strike is a little weaker, still could cause a lot damage hitting the right areas. Yes it would be nice to have equal power and reflex. Look at people who are only right handed or left handed, does this make them a bad karate person...No....Just my thoughts.....our brain is has two parts ,the left side and the right side ,hope they both work equally well......? Aloha

OP
J

Jibbler

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the info, and the spelling help i think this skill is imporent because if some thing happens to your lead hand it is good to be equally skilled in the other. both for fighting and everyday life plus its cool

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
Man...I'd give my left arm to be ambidexterous.

Regards,

Steve

lol.

I am not ambidexterous, but I try to make sure that I can do martial arts things with both my right and left hands. I'd recommend to others that they work on this as well. This would include knife-work...

:ultracool