All Martial Arts are Descended From Shaolin

OP
Thesemindz

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In the vein of an update, we were discussing armed and unarmed defense at work the other day because another of my coworkers holds a CCW license, when the Shaolin guy pipes in with,

"Once you become a master, if you need a weapon you're opponent will bring one for you."

Ok. Thanks. Good to know.

-Rob

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
In the vein of an update, we were discussing armed and unarmed defense at work the other day because another of my coworkers holds a CCW license, when the Shaolin guy pipes in with,

"Once you become a master, if you need a weapon you're opponent will bring one for you."

Some decades back the philosopher C. P. Snow wrote "The Stupid shall not enter into the kingdom of Heaven." At least Shaolin Boy isn't going to feel lonely in Hell. But he might get a beat-down from John LaCoste, one of Kali's most respected masters in recent decades. Guro LaCoste died after being shot.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

-Rob
Y'know...

There is a germ of truth in that statement. With the right sort of training, you can use most anything around you -- or the weapon in your opponent's hands -- to defend yourself.

Of course, I'm still partial to bringing my own... I mean, I'd hate to be seen as being rude and showing up for a party empty handed!

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

-Rob

"So you're saying when I'm ready, I can dodge bullets?"

Latest Discussions