Advice on Wing Chun dvd

Infinity Atlantic

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking to expand my limited knowledge of wing chun but there are no sifu's in my area. I have some related experience through my jkd training. I know that nothing replaces training with a live instructor but are there any dvd resources that are recomended? Right now I have been looking at Sifu Gary Lam's dvd's and Sifu David Peterson.

Thanks

naneek

Green Belt
Reaction score
i just finished watching 'the science of infighting' by Wong Shun Leung, it was very informative even if there were some cheezy 80's sound effects added.

KamonGuy2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Forget David Peterson. Gary Lam is a good resource and Ive found the clips Ive seen of him to be very informative. Also there are loads of clips on youtube of Ip Chun, Wan Kam Leung, and dare I say it Master Wong!! It really depends on what you want out of your training

OP
I

Infinity Atlantic

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I'll check out those resourses. I'm interested in the sensitivity training in close quarters to tying up the opponent to taking the centerline.

wingchunner

Orange Belt
Reaction score
where are you located? I can't believe there isn't an instructor near you. Yes, the Gary Lam vids are ok. Do you have someone to workout with? There's a video clip on my website that demonstrates how we do SNT, the first form. Let me know where you are, maybe I can find someone for you.

Marty

OP
I

Infinity Atlantic

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. I live in Yarmouth Nova Scotia. Aside from myself teaching FMA and JKD there's Karate and TKD.

Latest Discussions