Adv Green Belt test

Maltair

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Completed another leg of my journey yesterday. Today, I'm sore :) They always ask you to do something that is off the wall during a test. This time they asked my to do long 2, just like at a tourny, but modify it so that you don't turn your back on the judges. I thought, peace of cake, I'll just change the angles on those 2 sections with the punch kicks. Lot easier said then done :)

Here are a couple video's I'd like to share.
Squating sacrifice came out pretty good. http://media.putfile.com/Squating-sacrifice

Here is one that the tester started talking and when he yelled strike in the middle of his sentence I moved, but had forgoten what tech I was supposed to be doing :idunno: I just remembered a left punch, so here is me just moving.
Click here to watch Wichtech

Circling distruction, he made me do it 4 times, each time saying faster, then that wasn't faster, do it again. I forgot the face claw with the left on the last version, and we add an arm break after the shot to the ribs but here it is.
Click here to watch CirclingDistruction

Previoius night, I practiced my staff, Click here to watch Staff94

And so they ask me to do the staff form I'm trying to make for tourny. Not very far with it and I needed a mulagen on the first move but I think the opening rocks!
Click here to watch Startofstaff

He asked me in the middle of my test, how long since I had a smoke? "72 days sir!" Got an appluse for that:ultracool Over all I felt really relaxed, getting used to testing now. I'm not looking at just the next test, brown, but the big test, Black. I've got the most work to do, but there are 5 of us that the instructor would like to test for black in the spring next year, how do you spell Icaramba?

Along the black belt testing subject, there was a kid there that had started his Jr. black belt test at 4 the previous day. The instructor had kept him up till 1 in the morning and woke him up at 7 to some more sparring. He was wearing a white belt all day, he looked tiered, but I haven't seen a kid man up like that in a long time. He was uki for everybody in class that day, and he warmed up all the classes last night and sat. Makes me worry about my belt test:whip:

T

TheBattousai

Congrats on passing your test....and quitting smoking.

jonah2

Green Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations on you grade sir,

Thanks for posting the videos, presumably you are required to execute the techniques on a body as well as in the air as your clips show?

jonah

Kenpobuff

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Great job Maltair! Can't wait to see the tourney staff set when done. Keep up the good training.

Steve

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Congrats! Nice videos too.

What do you call the staff form you were doing. It's what we call Kata 8 with some minor differences.

OP
Maltair

Maltair

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thanxs all.
We do practice tech on people. Not usually during tests though. And not nearly as much as I would like, but now that I'm assisting I'll be able to change that a little.

The Staff set was taught to me by Miss Diserea Phillips (7 of 9) while I was visiting Mr. Lee in the Dalles. I guess you could call it Short staff set :)

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Maltair said:
The Staff set was taught to me by Miss Diserea Phillips (7 of 9) while I was visiting Mr. Lee in the Dalles. I guess you could call it Short staff set :)

lol! Our kata 7 stops before the reverse bow/overhead block and our kata 8 is longer than the form in your video. Variations on a theme...

OP
Maltair

Maltair

Blue Belt
Reaction score
jdinca said:
lol! Our kata 7 stops before the reverse bow/overhead block and our kata 8 is longer than the form in your video. Variations on a theme...

Or as my instructor says all the time "it's the same, just different".

Latest Discussions