aaaggh brain explosion

matsu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
last night we- for my first time...

simultaneaous jumsau and punch inside gate and outside gate and switching......OMG!!
so cool but soooooo brain mushing so mnay things to think about... and forget about any sort of body function co-ordination as i stepped forward lol:wah:

why does it look so easy when the others were doing it:vu:.

and thanks again kamon guy for your advice and support on the other post.

still loving it............ abheit with aheadache now

matsu

graychuan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Jum Sao as in the pressing palm or 'Garm' sao(how we say it) that is the cutting knifehand/arm that feeds the centerline?

Incidentally, all of these drills have the possibiltiy to induce mild siezures when introduced the first time. :xtrmshock J/K. You should have seen me when I first started drilling 'da'. Simul strike and block. It was not pretty at all.

OP
M

matsu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
lol that waould be the drill.
even this morning my brain is not in work mode and it wasnigh on impossible to get off to sleep last nite.... OMG what am i doing to myself hahahahah:toilclaw:

thanks gray .... i thought it was just me but if were having same trouble and i can see what you have acheived via the utube i,ll deff not feel so bad about it
thanks
matsu

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
It used to help me to count the movements in my head. Just relax and dont worry how good the others are doing it.
When i was coming up through the grades there were a lot of people that had better co-ordination than me or natural talent if you will, but you know what those people didn't last.
Just train hard and be consistant you will get there . You didn't learn to drive a car in one day did ya.

KamonGuy2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Remember that the classes in wing chun are usually repetitive. So the moves you did last week won't be the last time you do them. Just try and relax into the moves and enjoy it

My advice to students who start anew at Kamon is to take one thing away from each class, practice it over the week and then come back
You can't remember everything that is taught to you in one lesson
And no-one expects you to

naneek

Green Belt
Reaction score
yeah man im not experienced either and when something new is introduced it makes me feel real gumby too like i cant coordinate for a while until i get used to it:lol:

Mystic Wolf

Orange Belt
Reaction score
When teaching a WC class, after opening with the form, we go through chain punching drills, then pair up to do lop/lat sau drills, then we do the application of the day.

As time goes on doing two things simoltaneously will improve. You might not think so but your instructor will notice. I have studied many other arts and with WC each time you move up to a new level of skill it's like starting on the first day all over again. Get use to this feeling, learn to love it, lol!

As time goes on the puzzle pieces fall into place. Don't be so hard on yourself, be patient and humble, and it will come together.

Latest Discussions