A Tale of Courage from the Marvelous Monk Wong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, let's go back to the bottom line. I will be teaching the basics of Wong style, for free, tomorrow morning in Central London. Those who question my methods are welcome to join. Those who are afraid, will not be there.
Oh where? I could come along to that.

Hot Lunch

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Easy to throw insults around, but those who wish to be more than arm-chair warriors may join me tomorrow morning for training.
Armchair warriors? Nah. I actually train for real. Like, I actually train at a place with a physical address that's on a busy street with two lanes each way, that thousands of cars drive past everyday. Nothing secret about it. You, though? "Trust me, bro!" 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
And I agree
Why do we all have to agreer to disagree? I don't have to agree to anything! Especially when I'm feeling disagreeable.

Next, please tell me, if that Leopard Temple is so famous, why can't you give us an idea of it's well known location? Is it secretly famous, famously secret, or what?

Also, why does the famous Master Wong speak olde tyme English? Does he work at the renaissance fair?

And last of all what is dosh?

Tell it to me straight and surely I will fetch thee eight taels of silver:

1714333218100.jpeg

OP
W

Wong Follower

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Why do we all have to agreer to disagree? I don't have to agree to anything! Especially when I'm feeling disagreeable.

Next, please tell me, if that Leopard Temple is so famous, why can't you give us an idea of it´s well known location? Is it secretly famous, famously secret, or what?

Also, why does the famous Master Wong speak olde tyme English? Does he work at the renaissance fair?

And last of all what is dosh?

Tell it to me straight and surely I will fetch thee eight taels of silver:

View attachment 31006
The Leopard Temple is famous to those in high level martial arts circles. Wong would be rather upset if I revealed the holy location on an internet forum.

Monk Wong's English = he's not a native speaker but he is a traditionalist. Apologies if it's not to your liking, but it is what it is.

Hot Lunch

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
The Leopard Temple is famous to those in high level martial arts circles. Wong would be rather upset if I revealed the holy location on an internet forum.
What are "high level martial arts circles?" Should a kaicho of a major international martial arts association be a part of these circles you speak of?

gyoja

3rd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Monk Wong's English = he's not a native speaker but he is a traditionalist. Apologies if it's not to your liking, but it is what it is.
Famous to those in high level martial arts circles? Then how come we have never heard of him?

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Look! I found a real picture of the very famous Master Wong!

1714333481974.jpeg

...The great Kung Fu master Wong Fei Hung in his later years.

Hot Lunch

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
What's a kaicho?
Head of an association in Japanese and Okinawan martial arts. Not all associations use the term, but I believe it's the most common. Kancho is head of the dojo, kaicho is head of the association.

OP
W

Wong Follower

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It's quite revealing how everyone starts getting scared and changing the topic of conversation when I reveal where I will be teaching tomorrow morning.

Hot Lunch

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
It's a Japanese word of no relevance to this conversation. Next.
You said martial arts. You didn't specify Chinese.

So were you lying when you said martial arts? Are you moving the goal post to Chinese martial arts? What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.