A nike commercial

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
hahahahahaha ahh haaa

I loved that high kick to the face, so much for the kicks not going above the waist, then again I guess if its for a commercial purpose we can twist the purity, I mean after all it's never been done with Wing Chun before (mcdojooooo................s)

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Haha, that pretty sweet. Its well done at least!
Makes me want to see a mantis one!! :)

7sm

Solidman82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
First of all, Those are some Sexy ladies. Second, what do any of the martial arts at all have to do with Nike? Third, I don't think a Teacher-Student relationship would involve a student attacking a tacher while doing forms and then both of them laughing about it afterwards. More like, do 150 pushups. But yes, I think the commercial was well done.

Aqua4ever

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I liked this. It was well done. My favourite part is where you can see the "attacker" mouthing the words, "its ok" after being kicked in the face. Just added a...light-hearted touch? It's something we always do in training, just connected me with it.
interesting
Aqua

OP
ed-swckf

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
bcbernam777 said:
hahahahahaha ahh haaa

I loved that high kick to the face, so much for the kicks not going above the waist, then again I guess if its for a commercial purpose we can twist the purity, I mean after all it's never been done with Wing Chun before (mcdojooooo................s)

A few teachers introduce higher kicks, most notably is leung ting but i've seen others do it.

OP
ed-swckf

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
I take it Christa Wagner is an actual Wing Chun instructor?

Yeah she teaches in germany, leung ting styleeee.

OP
ed-swckf

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Solidman82 said:
First of all, Those are some Sexy ladies. Second, what do any of the martial arts at all have to do with Nike? Third, I don't think a Teacher-Student relationship would involve a student attacking a tacher while doing forms and then both of them laughing about it afterwards. More like, do 150 pushups. But yes, I think the commercial was well done.

i wear nike track bottoms sometimes when i train? But i can't think of much more than that.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ed-swckf said:
i wear nike track bottoms sometimes when i train? But i can't think of much more than that.

Nike has come out with there line of Gi or Dobooks, they have to be involved in everything. That is how you know the Art has moved over for the sport. Clothing dictates your every move.
Terry

OP
ed-swckf

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Nike has come out with there line of Gi or Dobooks, they have to be involved in everything. That is how you know the Art has moved over for the sport. Clothing dictates your every move.
Terry

I don't even know what dobooks are?

brothershaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I thought the movements were stiff and too big, although it was a commercial and stuff had to be slowed down and hopefully extended on purpose.
As a commercial it was okay, but ............I have seen better wing chun video clips on the internet.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just watched this video again. I enjoyed it. Its well done for the big company Nike is. Nice to see a nod coming our (CMA) way once in a while.

I thought there are a few new WC players on the site that might find it interesting as well.

7sm