A new tournament - GLOBAL OPEN Oct 19-30th

taekwondodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
in Annaheim, CA
Sanction by USAT & WTF

I just happened to see the little 2x5 inches logo on the USTA site when I noticed it was a new logo.

The funny thing is that no one knows about it. USAT did not announced it. The early registration is AUGUST 25TH for $80 passed already.

Registration by Sept. 30th for $100..

Same format as any USAT sanctioned tournament.

link: http://assets.usoc.org/assets/docum...30541/Final_Information_Global_Open_ok_OK.pdf

I don't know, but common sense tells me that if I want to have lots of competitors, I want to announced my tournament way ahead. ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE. Maybe they did it locally and I don't know about it until today.
*shrug*

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes if you do some tournaments in California than you got a package, other wise nothing can be gained by not telling your members about a sanction event. I am still hopeful that USAT will finally bring everything together one day.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I actually found out about this event from a friend in Denmark when they posted a link to it on their FB page. That was perhaps a week or 10 days ago.

I went to the event website then and EVERY LINK said under construction. As I poked around a little more I found that the early registration deadline had already passed as well.

Even now, you still can't register on the website.

When you click on the "Gallery" link on the website, it really looks like a shady bunch of characters. I don't think we will be going. Might head down and watch, since it is close by, but I suspect the event will not be very well run based on how poorly it has been promoted.

Latest Discussions