A Lucky Man

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this in todays paper. I probably would've been shaking too. I would probably run to the doctor to have him check my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

ATLANTA -- When Ed Nabors discovered that he had won half of the largest lottery jackpot in U.S. history, he sat stunned in his rig until a dispatcher radioed wondering what was going on.

Wednesday turned out to be a short workday for the 52-year-old truck driver.

He was shaking so hard they sent him home from work," said his mother, Doris Nabors, who shares a home with her son in Rocky Face, Ga., about 90 miles north of Atlanta.

Ed Nabors was the first person to claim part of the $390 million jackpot from Tuesday night's Mega Millions drawing.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's a good lotto winning story!

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Let's see, 80 Million after taxes in one lump sum. 1st thing, because I'm self-employed, I would have to tell myself to get bent because I'm not coming in again ever! Bigger boat, house right on Lake Michigan, and winter place in the Cayman's. Then a huge amount in investments and trusts so I would be set for life and my kids wouldn't have to worry about college and life in general, (would have to figure out a way they would be set, but still not a 100% free ride.) Just because I could, I'd have to burn through 1/2 a million in a totally foolish manner to get it out of my system.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Time will tell if this is a blessing or a curse. Hopefully, he'll follow the example of this guy.

A wise man indeed. It sucks that they take so much in taxes, however, if people are smart about their spending, such as the person in the article your linked, that money will go a long way.

Mike

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I'd still have to work, somewhere. I'd definately take a nice long vacation with my wife and family, but I think I'd start getting bored everyday just sitting at home.

As for the toys...absolutely!!! I'd most likely invest in a place thats warm, so I can enjoy it during those cold months here. New cars would be in order as well. We each have SUVs for the winter. Don't get me wrong, they're fun in the Summer too, but it'd be a much nicer ride IMO, driving down the road in a nice new vette!!:ultracool

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'd like to stay at work just long enough to have this conversation.

"So, did you do anything fun this weekend?"

"No, not much. Worked in the yard. Watched tv. Bought a Lamborghini. You?"

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to stay at work just long enough to have this conversation.

"So, did you do anything fun this weekend?"

"No, not much. Worked in the yard. Watched tv. Bought a Lamborghini. You?"

Right on!! :ultracool :ultracool