A disgrace to the arts

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
well sounds like justice will be served .... execution, or life no parole.... but your right, he is scum and some will try and paint us all with the same brush.

OP
K

Kittan Bachika

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I don't think this guy should be considered a martial artist. He may have the rank and the skills, but he has a serious character flaw. And anyone who tries to group him with other martial artists needs to have that pointed out to them.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Nothing new here. A lot of killers...from mercenaries to cons have learned fighting arts. Some famous masters have had very shady histories. If you think that people who call themselves "martial artists" have a higher set of moral standards than anybody else, you are in for some disappointment. Same goes for members of other "upstanding professions". Even priests. That's life.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah I was trying to find the article of a case here a few years ago where a husband and wife owned and taught at a local Martial Arts school and one day he lost it and chopped her up with a sword in the Dojo. I cant find the story now.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nothing new here. A lot of killers...from mercenaries to cons have learned fighting arts. Some famous masters have had very shady histories. If you think that people who call themselves "martial artists" have a higher set of moral standards than anybody else, you are in for some disappointment. Same goes for members of other "upstanding professions". Even priests. That's life.

+1.

Before he founded aikido, O Sensei had a rough life. One of his jobs was being a legbreaker for a local bookmaker, or something to that effect. Mas Oyama beat bulls to death to prove his strength and skill. Various founders of sword systems left piles of bodies in their wake. And various founders had some shady underworld connections.

We like to put those men in a favorable light, but in reality they were probably just people like you and me. Some very good, some very bad, and the majority just somewhere in between.

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yeah, martial artists aren't saints, but it is important to look at the times and places they lived in. Musashi sliced some people up, but that was expected of swordsmen at the time. But this guy in the OP's link doesn't have an excuse for his behavior. I think he deserves life in prison, let him work on his SD skills for the rest of his life that way while he thinks about what he's done.

Latest Discussions