A call to all you FMA practitioners. Speak up!

TwentyThree

Green Belt
Reaction score
I started martial arts a couple of months shy of turning 40 in 2008, starting originally in PaSaRyu Tae Kwon Do but being introduced to Modern Arnis by David Jones (under Bruce Chiu) shortly afterward, and I've been a stick chick ever since. :D

I've trained under Mark Lynn since 2010 and he promoted me to Dayang Isa in 2013. My husband and I run the MAPA social media sites on Facebook and Google Plus, and I blog about arnis and martial arts culture and humor (see my signature for the link).

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
I haven't popped into here in awhile! I've been bouncing back and forth between Wing Chun and FMA since the mid 80's. Sometimes focusing on Wing Chun, sometimes focusing on FMA, sometimes both at once. I did Inosanto blend way back when with one of his earlier students. I've done seminar training with Ted Lucaylucay. The aspect that I really like is Panantukan. I got away from it for awhile and focused again on Wing Chun. But now I'm coming back around again, being a bit disgruntled with Wing Chun people right now. ;-) I also really like Michael Janich's "Martial Blade Concepts" system, which as many of you know is essentially his interpretation and reorganization of FMA methods for the knife. -f

I'd really like to see a separate sub-forum for Panantukan to generate more interest in this area. I think too often Panantukan gets kind of lost in curriculums that also have JKD, Thai Boxing, lots of weapons work, etc. Some think it is only a set of drills rather than an independent and complete method on its own.

Keith

bigcntry

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello, My name is Anthony aka bigcntry. I just started training with an instructor in Garimot arnis. Attended a seminar last weekend with Gat Puno Baet and look forward to continued training in his system.

Latest Discussions