4th Chi Sao Section (French For Now)

WTchap

Orange Belt
Reaction score
"No one can escape my sticky tentacle."

Something about saying this with a French accent makes it all the funnier :bangahead:

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Regarding that footwork, are some of those steps your own innovations? The switching step you demonstrate at around 9:30 - 10:00 doesn't look like anything I saw LT teach. Then again, I've got a slow internet connection and the clip keeps freezing and pausing, so maybe I'm not seeing it very well. Also, je ne parle pas francais, so I'm not getting the narrative either.

OP
P

poulperadieux

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Regarding that footwork, are some of those steps your own innovations? The switching step you demonstrate at around 9:30 - 10:00 doesn't look like anything I saw LT teach. Then again, I've got a slow internet connection and the clip keeps freezing and pausing, so maybe I'm not seeing it very well. Also, je ne parle pas francais, so I'm not getting the narrative either.

The skip step is not mine, and not leung ting, I use it since I worked a bit of Xinh Yi and under a pal who gave me tips from Su Dong Chen's teachings.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Here's another take on the WT Chi-Sau "section four" training. These guys aren't so suave in their narration --nothing seems so sophisticated to a lot of Americans as French or French accented English. The accent these guys have on the other hand, well... but regardless, what they do is pretty close to the way I practice it.

One thing these guys do that I don't do at this level is start emphasizing Biu Tze material like the "5 Thunder punches". Pulpi-- I prefer your use of more basic sequences like following the initial attack with a punch/fak-sau/punch sequence, emphasizing that very soft, fast and elastic type of striking. Also, sometimes it almost seems like the German groups get obsessed with technical details which can really constipate your mind when the first thing you have to get is the feel and flow.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
P

poulperadieux

Orange Belt
Reaction score
-- I prefer your use of more basic sequences like following the initial attack with a punch/fak-sau/punch sequence, emphasizing that very soft, fast and elastic type of striking. Also, sometimes it almost seems like the German groups get obsessed with technical details which can really constipate your mind when the first thing you have to get is the feel and flow.

Yep, as they try to feel and show the force, they loose the flow, and the ying ging...

That's the common thing in all the german schools I visited, and I started to learn this way at first.