29th degree?

Ronin Moose

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I guess by now I should not be surprised by anything, BUT somewhere between the "29th degree" title and the prices listed at the bottom of the page for your pre-approved black belt, etc., JUST MAKES ME SICK!

See what I'm ranting about at: http://www.tushkahoma.com/

-Garry

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I certainly have no problem with a Native American knife fighting system (indeed, I'd be surprised if there wasn't some form of fighting system developed in the Americas) - but how do you get from Native American to an Asian belt system?

And then, of course, if you pay enough you get not only a belt, but a franchise:

7th degree (Warrior) Diploma and school franchise is available $28,000.

5th degree Diploma with school consideration is $15,000.

3rd degree Diploma with club membership is $6,000.

1st degree Diploma for individual membership is $2,800.

And what exactly is school consideration? And how does that differ from a school franchise? Still, it's nice to know that the program

includes DVD or VHS tapes, manuals, black belt and certification and some personal instruction.

After all, if they're going to accept payment by money order or cashier's check, it's nice to know there's some personal instruction.

I wonder if he's sold his system to anyone? <<<<shudder>>>>:mrtoilet::disgust::anic:

hemi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Is this guy serious 28,000 for some DVD’s (Some personal instruction) a Black belt, some manuals and certification What a Joke? And I think it is horrible that he is using Native American heritage in a deceitful way. I noticed he is located about 20 min away from me in Garland TX. I am half tempted to visit his store and tell him face to face that it’s despicable. Maybe I should bring my 6’2 280lbs Native American neighbor with me LMAO. I could tell this guy, here meet my friend Two Feathers (His real Indian name) he is a 34th Deg black belt. LOL

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ronin Moose said:
I guess by now I should not be surprised by anything, BUT somewhere between the "29th degree" title and the prices listed at the bottom of the page for your pre-approved black belt, etc., JUST MAKES ME SICK!

See what I'm ranting about at: http://www.tushkahoma.com/

-Garry

He must have gave himself a promotion..The last time I saw his advertizment he was only a 10th Degree..

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
it may sound sad to us
but it's hella funny if someone actually buys those.. that would be hilarious

oh GOD, this site is funny

Kwiter

Green Belt
Reaction score
I believe Adrian Roman is 8th degree American Kenpo and that 28th Degree is in his own system, so he can make himself anything he likes.

I own his Forms DVD of Short 1 thru long 3 and his instruction seems sound, the quality of the video is a bit soft but quite watchable.

On his website the complete DVD set with DVD for each of the Belts Yellow Thru first Degree Black is $995 and includes a CD of the PDF's of the American Kenpo printed materials. On Ebay you can buy this from him for $99 or so(I'm bidding on it now in fact)

I asked about Belt testing and he says he works on the Honor system where he'll take your word that you know the material. But you need to be Belt tested for black Belt to be "officially recognized"

I'm buying as reference for my daughters who are studying at a local Dojo and their Sensei says that they use the American Kenpo forms tho they teach stuff from other systems as well to make them more rounded.

My two Loonies worth.

Skennen Peace.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, it wasn't clear to me in reading (skimming actually, so I very well may have missed it) that this was actually 29th degree black belt. I sort of got the impression that it could have been a more nebulous 29 degree (levels) in the art, but this may be uncomparable to any black belt level or system.

Still, it comes across as hokey at best, because it certainly gives the impression at least that he is referring to black belt level.

Kwiter

Green Belt
Reaction score
The Dojo came first for my Girls, the Videos are my idea, anything that helps them along. I've no intention of replacing their Sensei with the Teachings of Grand Master Roman's.

I've never seen any Adrian Roman Franchises out there so don't think anyones taken hm up on his $28,000 offer.

My girls go to a Franchise, Amerikick which I THINK is Larry Tatums baby.
My fried Sensei Tommy Carano of Hoteikan likens the franchise to McDonalds but my girls are enjoying it, and seem to be learning , they almost never throw the oddball bent at bizarre angle Girl punches anymore they now almost always throw straight out No disrespect ladies(My Culture is Matrilienal iow the women are the ones who hold the power and land) but most Girls if not properly throw some of the craziest looking bunches I've ever seen.

Hopefully they'll keep with it but ya never know, they're only 5 & 6 at the moment ;-)

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
2004hemi said:
I noticed he is located about 20 min away from me in Garland TX. I am half tempted to visit his store and tell him face to face that it’s despicable.
You mean as if anyone would really be at that address? Not Likely.

28K though. You figure we have how many millions of people in this country. You only need to sell 2 or 3 a year to make a living. Unfortunate as it may be, it sounds doable. The horror!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kwiter said:
On Ebay you can buy this from him for $99 or so(I'm bidding on it now in fact)Skennen Peace.

That still too much money..There's a guy on Ebay selling this system that promises to make you an elite level black belt in the privacy of your home in ONE WEEK..Such a deal...

Franc0

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Drac said:
That still too much money..There's a guy on Ebay selling this system that promises to make you an elite level black belt in the privacy of your home in ONE WEEK..Such a deal...

Sigh, and here I am going on 35 years and I still haven't got there yet...:idunno:

Franco

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kacey said:
And then, of course, if you pay enough you get not only a belt, but a franchise:

7th degree (Warrior) Diploma and school franchise is available $28,000.
If I spend $100/month on lessons, in person; then in 24 years I would have spent $28,000. Now I can skip the hard work, dedication and perserverance and get the diploma just by writing a check?

The only question I would have is: does the skill that comes from 24 years of hard work also come with the $28K diploma?

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ray said:
If I spend $100/month on lessons, in person; then in 24 years I would have spent $28,000. Now I can skip the hard work, dedication and perserverance and get the diploma just by writing a check?

The only question I would have is: does the skill that comes from 24 years of hard work also come with the $28K diploma?

Hmm. Good question. If we ever catch up to the Winibego I'm sure he works out of, we'll have to ask him.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ray said:

exactly
and what are the chances you are going to have to test those martial arts skills? not much, huh?
good point!

Kwiter

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm confused why you would think Adrian Roman is in a Winnebago, nor why you would think he DOES NOT have a School in Dallas Texas.

Do you think that of ALL people who sell Videos of MA or just Adrian Roman?
If it's all people then I guess Larry Tatum has no school either and lives in a Winnebago.

sometimes it seems some folks here simply are Trolling or talking about things they know NOTHING about.

I'd say it's Pretty simple to check if he has a School in Texas, the Better Business Bureau or the county clerks office can easily help you with that.
Hell even contacting the folks who do Karatekast can net you the answer most likely as they are also in the Dallas Area.

I think it's cowardly to insult someone who is not there to defend themselves.

Latest Discussions