Zimmerman to face Wrongful Death Civil Trial

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Zimmerman provoked the situation. There's blame to go around here.
He was doing neighborhood watch For his community just like 1000's of others do every day. Sometimes things go bad. The only person to blame is the person that threw the first punch
Hey, I favor gun control for just thus sort of reason. In the GZ/TV case--no gun, no death.
You dont know that no gun it could have been Martin on trial for killing Zimmerman but then we wouldn't even know about that because nobody would care.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to explain your info?? and numbers have nothing to do with the value of any life al are precious and have value the point is we are all human and all Americans. Are people dying every day yes but does that justify apathy? Zimmerman profiled the kid and had an emotional need to dominate someone and it has cost him and will continue to cost him. If that was my child and he killed them He would need to look over his shoulder the rest of his life and it would not end well period. The best he can hope for is that the justice system puts him away which is the only way he is going to live much longer because he walks down the wrong street the wrong time I look forward to the news.

He committed a hate crime. I find it amusing when clearly racist officials from the south or other areas who have had long established track records of racism when interview and clearly put on the spot refuse to admit what they have done or that their attitude refusing to take any responsibility for their actions as if they believe their own lies. Smacks of Star Wars ( Pay no attention to the man in the white sheet and burning cross) He is just expressing his exceptional love of clean sheets!!!!!!!!

Dude, are you listening to yourself? Let me ask you this: where was the outcry from Jesse, Al and the rest of the clowns, when the 3 black punk thugs, killed the waitress for her tip money? How about the ones that poured gas on a kid and lit him on fire?
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...g-home-school-set-fire-cops-article-1.1033062

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/18616119/police-indiana

What about the DAILY gun violence that takes place EVERYWHERE, that's done by blacks on other blacks???

Maybe you should get your facts straight before you post the craziness that you're posting.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Crimes withing each racial group happen in greater percentages than black on white or white on black crime. Also, black on white crime happens more often, as a percentage, than white on black crime...so where is the problem with this trial. The shooting gallery in Chicago takes more black lives in one week than Zimmerman when he killed Martin...and yet Zimmerman is the problem the African American community is marching about...

Perhaps they should march on the democrat controlled city and state capitals...that might get more results in reducing the number of African Americans killed in this country...

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He was doing neighborhood watch For his community just like 1000's of others do every day.

The National Sheriff's Association has disavowed him as not being part of a legitimate neighborhood watch:
http://www.lawofficer.com/article/news/national-sheriff-s-association-0

You dont know that no gun it could have been Martin on trial for killing Zimmerman but then we wouldn't even know about that because nobody would care.

In the unlikely event Zimmerman would still have gotten as close, it's much, much less likely to get a fatal outcome with hands than with a gun. No gun, no death.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
George is not out of the woods by a long shot. I am sure the family and their attorney's will fill a Civil Wrongful death filing and his attorney fees and stress will not end. I believe there is better than a 75% chance he will receive a judgment that will continue to make his life bad. Right or wrong every person runs the risk in our court system of the same journey of costs and stress when you decide to take the law into your own hands no matter how justified you may think you are. Hands or weapon's if they are not in your house or attempting to enter your house you have risk period. If it comes to defending your life or family given no choice there is no choice but beyond that walk away, report let someone else take the risk.

Ummm, that is what he did. He tried to report it and give detailed information to the police. Martin actually gave him the slip and Zimmerman was returning to his car. After making racial comments on the phone about being a "cracker" (note: the only racial language used in the entire situation). Martin snuck back around and then confronted Zimmerman.

I like also how in this case, since race HAD to be a factor that after identifying Zimmerman as white, and then finding out he was Hispanic, the news took to calling him a "white hispanic".

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dude, are you listening to yourself? Let me ask you this: where was the outcry from Jesse, Al and the rest of the clowns, when the 3 black punk thugs, killed the waitress for her tip money? How about the ones that poured gas on a kid and lit him on fire?
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...g-home-school-set-fire-cops-article-1.1033062

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/18616119/police-indiana

What about the DAILY gun violence that takes place EVERYWHERE, that's done by blacks on other blacks???

Maybe you should get your facts straight before you post the craziness that you're posting.

There was no big outcry when the scrawny guy shot into a party at a dorm in Auburn, killing 3 black guys....oh no, excuses for the shooter were being made....

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In the unlikely event Zimmerman would still have gotten as close, it's much, much less likely to get a fatal outcome with hands than with a gun. No gun, no death.

1. much less likely to get a fatal outcome with hands than with a gun
2. No gun, no death.

I agree with the first of these contradictory statements. It's more likely a person would suffer a concussion or more serious traumatic brain injury or other great bodily harm short of getting killed.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ummm, that is what he did. He tried to report it and give detailed information to the police. Martin actually gave him the slip and Zimmerman was returning to his car. After making racial comments on the phone about being a "cracker" (note: the only racial language used in the entire situation). Martin snuck back around and then confronted Zimmerman.

I like also how in this case, since race HAD to be a factor that after identifying Zimmerman as white, and then finding out he was Hispanic, the news took to calling him a "white hispanic".

Yes! And isn't it funny how the people that're running around like animals in the streets, seem to overlook this little bit of info.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The National Sheriff's Association has disavowed him as not being part of a legitimate neighborhood watch:
http://www.lawofficer.com/article/news/national-sheriff-s-association-0
I don't need the national sheriff association to approve of me taking pride and caring about my neighborhood.

Again your just guessing. Only takes one blow of the head vs sidewalk to kill someone.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Again your just guessing. Only takes one blow of the head vs sidewalk to kill someone.

It's not a guess. What you say is true but there's a reason you're issued a firearm and not just given boxing lessons. No gun, no death. GZ wouldn't have gotten close; even if he had, it would've been a fistfight. Those are rarely fatal, while gunfights are often fatal.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, that can happen. In fact I warn my students that any strike to the head has this possibility and that it's hitting the ground that's apt to do more damage than the strike itself.

But it's a whole lot less likely than what happens when you shoot someone. Are you seriously contesting this?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, that can happen. In fact I warn my students that any strike to the head has this possibility and that it's hitting the ground that's apt to do more damage than the strike itself.

But it's a whole lot less likely than what happens when you shoot someone. Are you seriously contesting this?
Your making it sound like Had Zimmerman not been armed nobody would have been killed. You dont know that. Nobody knows that.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have you no feeling for the parents of a child who just wanted to go to the store for skittles or for every black person in America who is and has been suspicious until proven ok just for being black and wearing a Hoody? Denial is not a river in Egypt!

The actual event had absolutely nothing to do with race. George Zimmerman has also been known to help blacks in his neighborhood.

Again, the only racial profiling that occurred was done by Trayvon Martin, if you choose to believe Rachel Jeantel. He was the one who referred to Zimmerman using racist language.

I do not feel badly for a drug using thug who committed assault and battery on a man who was doing absolutely nothing unlawful. Trayvon Martin had every opportunity to stay disengaged, but instead chose to bushwhack George Zimmerman. This is certainly illegal.

Regarding the Skittles and fruity beverages, I wouldn't be surprised if he were trying to get the ingredients needed to make a variant of "purple drank," where you combine fruity candy, fruit flavored beverages, and large doses of dextromethorphan-containing cough syrup (over the counter), to make a hallucinogenic cocktail. It was already known that he was seeking to make such a thing.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Your making it sound like Had Zimmerman not been armed nobody would have been killed. You dont know that. Nobody knows that.
There is a lot that we don't know, but it hasn't stopped anyone, including you (and me), from throwing out a lot of conjecture. Don't act like now that it's arnisador doing it, it's suddenly absurd. He said that a death would have been unlikely, and statistically speaking, he has some support for his personal opinion.

Edit: As another example, see Grenadier's post just above mine.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

We can be pretty confident about it though. Fistfights are rarely fatal--and without the gun it's unlikely the smaller Zimmerman would've gotten that close in the first place. So, really good odds that no gun means no death.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
. He said that a death would have been unlikely, and statistically speaking, he has some support for his personal opinion.

No he didnt he said no gun = no death. Thats different then unlikely. Had Martin kept walking= no death thats about the only true statement that can be made

Latest Discussions