Zimmerman to face Wrongful Death Civil Trial

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
When two people were involved, one is dead, his story never changed, the police didn't want to arrest him, the state only tried him because of political pressure, the judge allowed the state to add a charge of manslaughter in the eleventh hour and he was still acquitted... You would hope there would be no civil rights or wrongful death suit. But, with the number of people making this about race...

OP
Master Dan

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a hint that the fed. govt. might try to try him on separate federal charges.

I'm sure a civil trial is coming, O.J.-style.
Don't know why I bother on this site the majority who speak either want it to be about the evil Government (Obama) wants our guns or it has to be about Race. The issue is not about well if it was you on the ground getting beat up/ you took that risk to satisfy a racial profile and cop wanabe need to dominate someone. The Feds are doing an investigation but what will come of it who knows. On the Gun issue the Brady Foundation has issued strait F's in all categories to Obama he is the bet friend the NRA and Gun manufacturer's have ever had. Our country is just full of people in a bubble who could care less about the facts or worse just cannot admit they are bigots and racists. The best show ever done was West Wing and the same people made Newsroom that premiers tonight. I was not going to stay up late to watch it but since Bill C. is already trying to tear it apart I will watch. He killed a child he took deadly force with him to make up for what he could not do because as his MMA trainer guy said he was pathetic.

I hope a civil case can be made against the Florida Sheriffs department for damages on several levels because they miss handled this from the dispatch on. On that subject Dispatch and 911 statistically nationally is at a core problem base on how situations are handled wrongly or not at all based on profiling, bias or outright refusal to work correctly due to fatigue and other issues. I have had one department investigated 4 times in one year alone due to outright misconduct related to child endangerment and refusing to respond when life and property were at stake.

OP
Master Dan

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, bounties on your head and the prospect of 45 years to life in prison tend to cause a little stress, sometimes shown in over eating.

What we have here is some people doing exactly what they wanted Zimmerman to do...and Martin died following their advice. Notice, everyone said that Zimmerman should have stayed in the car and just called 911...Well, that is exactly what everyone else in the community did...and Martin was shot. If John Good, or Mrs. Sydeka, or the Minaloos had left their homes and pulled Martin off of Zimmerman...he would still be alive today. In fact, John Good was right there and did as a lot of people suggested, he stayed in his house and called 911...and the shot rang out...Sooo....
So bill that means you think OJ didn't do it and he is just a sweet guy and should never have been sued in a civil case??????? Also People stayed in their houses because they should have/ no unprofessional should venture out in the middle of a fight and risk their life and future of their family you now want to place blame on the community? hum maybe blame like the few racist neighbors who wanted the black kid to be the bad guy because of course any black person wearing a hoody must be a dangerous felon??

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
FBI records: agents found no evidence that Zimmerman was racist
Frances Robles and Scott Hiaason | Miami Herald/McClatchyDC EXCERPT:

After interviewing nearly three dozen people in the George Zimmerman murder case, the FBI found no evidence that racial bias was a motivating factor in the shooting of Trayvon Martin, records released Thursday show.

Even the lead detective in the case, Sanford Det. Chris Serino, told agents that he thought Zimmerman profiled Trayvon because of his attire and the circumstances — but not his race.
Serino saw Zimmerman as “having little hero complex, but not as a racist.”
The Duval County State Attorney released another collection of evidence in the Zimmerman murder case Thursday, including reports from FBI agents who investigated whether any racial bias was involved in Trayvon’s Feb. 26 killing.
The evidence includes bank surveillance videos from the day of the killing, crime scene photos and memos from prosecutors.
Among the documents is a note from the prosecutor who said one of the witnesses said her son, a minor, had felt pressured by investigators to say the injured man he saw was wearing a red top. The boy’s testimony had been considered key, because it backed up Zimmerman’s allegation that he — wearing red — was being pummeled.
END EXCERPT
That ought to help in any wrongful death or civil rights (show)trial

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Don't know why I bother on this site
So dont
the majority who speak either want it to be about the evil Government (Obama) wants our guns or it has to be about Race. The issue is not about well if it was you on the ground getting beat up/ you took that risk to satisfy a racial profile and cop wanabe need to dominate someone.
Who did he racially profile? He said on the real 911 tape not the edited one he couldn't tell what race Martin was.

The Feds are doing an investigation but what will come of it who knows.
Why? Its a state lvl crime the feds shouldn't be involved at all. We have hundreds of murders a day in the country are the feds looking into them too? Nope.
On the Gun issue the Brady Foundation has issued strait F's in all categories to Obama he is the bet friend the NRA and Gun manufacturer's have ever had.

Seems the only one on this site brining up Obama and guns is you. So your complaint above is unfounded

Our country is just full of people in a bubble who could care less about the facts or worse just cannot admit they are bigots and racists.
4 young black men were killed in Baltimore this weekend where is your outrage and concern for them? Or is it because it wasn't a white guy that shot then nobobody cares? Who's really the bigiot and racist.
The best show ever done was West Wing and the same people made Newsroom that premiers tonight. I was not going to stay up late to watch it but since Bill C. is already trying to tear it apart I will watch.
Have fun

He killed a child he took deadly force with him to make up for what he could not do because as his MMA trainer guy said he was pathetic.
He killed a person that was attacking him as Zimmerman walked away from the situation towards his vehicle. He was carring a gun because ita his Constitutionally protected right to do so. You don't like the 2nd Amendment take it up with our founding fathers.
I hope a civil case can be made against the Florida Sheriffs department for damages on several levels because they miss handled this from the dispatch on.

Oh so your an expert of police tactics and 911 procedures. Care to enlighten us on what they did wrong?
On that subject Dispatch and 911 statistically nationally is at a core problem base on how situations are handled wrongly or not at all based on profiling, bias or outright refusal to work correctly due to fatigue and other issues. I have had one department investigated 4 times in one year alone due to outright misconduct related to child endangerment and refusing to respond when life and property were at stake.
How did your 4 investigations turn out?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
the shameful truth is that 93% of African-American murders are committed by other African-Americans. That is breathtakingly awful when you consider how incensed the African-American community is about the Trayvon tragedy, no matter what you believe about Zimmerman’s guilt.

Let’s do the gruesome math, not out of morbidity, but because it manifests the incredible self-centered insanity of people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

8,000-9,000 African-Americans are*murdered each year.

93% of them by other African-Americans.

That’s 7,905 (from average)

That’s 21.65 murdered*each day*by other African-Americans.

And these*racebaiting culture-hustling microphone-pimps*only get riled up when a “White Hispanic” kills an African-American?*It’s absolutely shameful.

http://www.soopermexican.com/2013/0...06-blacks-have-been-murdered-by-other-blacks/

Where's the outrage the protests the demand for justice? Where's the president saying if I had a son it would look like..........( Insert one of the 21 peoples names murdered a day).

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
George is not out of the woods by a long shot. I am sure the family and their attorney's will fill a Civil Wrongful death filing and his attorney fees and stress will not end. I believe there is better than a 75% chance he will receive a judgment that will continue to make his life bad. Right or wrong every person runs the risk in our court system of the same journey of costs and stress when you decide to take the law into your own hands no matter how justified you may think you are. Hands or weapon's if they are not in your house or attempting to enter your house you have risk period. If it comes to defending your life or family given no choice there is no choice but beyond that walk away, report let someone else take the risk.

If George truly felt he had no guilt in the thing he would not have eaten himself into obesity. If the police department had handled this properly to begin with in seriously taking George aside and counseling him and the neighborhood watch in general what they should and should not do this could have been avoided. Statistics nationally have shown that in general cop wantabee's have mental and emotional issues that have kept them from becoming law enforcement officer's. In some cases becoming stalkers and murderers over time.

I have to laugh when people talk about just walking away. Sure, this is a very valid option, and something that if possible, everyone should do. What people fail to realize, is that it may not be an option that we can take. Sorry, if someone is physically assaulting me, and I can't get away, I'm going to fight back and defend myself. My well being is more important than the BS suits. Its a VERY sad day, when the courts, and those that make the decisions, expect you to curl up and turn into a chicken.

As for Zimmerman....as I've said, the one thing, IMO, that he shouldn't have done, was follow Martin. I'd like to think that he didn't use the SYG law in his favor, and bait Martin into attacking him, but what's done is done. Martin didn't have to confront Zimmerman either.

This is certainly a slippery slope because the definition of what a neighborhood watch person, store security, etc, can/can't do, is a fine line.

I cant help but wonder though...were the situation reversed, would Al and Jesse be ranting and raving? Would Al and Jesse be calling for protests if it were 2 black guys? Sad the race card is played so much.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope a civil case can be made against the Florida Sheriffs department for damages on several levels because they miss handled this from the dispatch on. On that subject Dispatch and 911 statistically nationally is at a core problem base on how situations are handled wrongly or not at all based on profiling, bias or outright refusal to work correctly due to fatigue and other issues. I have had one department investigated 4 times in one year alone due to outright misconduct related to child endangerment and refusing to respond when life and property were at stake.

Tell me...how did they mishandle this? Because there wasn't an immediate arrest? As for dispatchers...well, speaking as one, I will admit, many have made mistakes. Training in some areas can certainly be better. And what was the outcome of your incident with the PD that you had investigated 4 times? I can't comment fully on that, because I don't know the entire story, however, what some fail to realize is that some issues are not police issues. In other words, where I work, we don't get involved in civil issues. However, going on what I'm reading at the moment, I'd find it hard to believe that if the situation was as bad as you claim, that nobody came.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
The "stand your ground" law in Fla. has an immunity clause: there can be no civil suit for 'wrongful death."

That same immunity applies to self-defensr in Florida-at least thatsyunderstanding.i

Another interesting facet of FL law I just heard this morning is that when you use an affirmative defense, the state still has to prove you guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, as if you had not admitted to the killing. Apparently it is different in the majority of states which shift the burden of proof to the defendant as he is admitting causing the death.

Another thing to remember is that although Zimmerman is not a rich person, he does have a lawsuit against the parent of the NBC TV stations. Every time they mention Zimmerman's name, they qualify whatever the story is by saying he has a lawsuit against the parent company which strongly denies the allegation (defamation of character). Not that they are trying to poison anyone's minds before a possible day in court. I assume all NBC affiliates do the same.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On the Gun issue the Brady Foundation has issued strait F's in all categories to Obama he is the bet friend the NRA and Gun manufacturer's have ever had.

Yet, they completely endorsed Obama in the 2012 election. They gave him F's early on because he wasn't able to do anything. If you look at their ratings now, especially since he's tried to shove every facet of gun-grabbing down people's throats, I wonder what you'll find?

Obama's main issue was to try to ramrod Obamacare down everyone's throats. He would never have been able to do that without the help of the more conservative Democrats (Casey, Webb, Tester, Baucus) and alienating them by bringing up gun-grabbing bills would have doomed him from the start.

The Brady Campaign isn't known for being patient.

Our country is just full of people in a bubble who could care less about the facts or worse just cannot admit they are bigots and racists.

You are correct, especially when it came to the prosecution's side. The only racial profiling that had occurred during the incident came from Trayvon Martin, assuming that you put any kind of merit in the prosecution's star witness, Rachel Jeantel. She was the one who insisted that Trayvon Martin did the racial profiling of George Zimmerman. Too many people on the Pro-Trayvon Martin side of the argument are ignoring this, and need to wake up.

Of course, if you were the prosecutor, or anyone on the side of Trayvon Martin, you could choose not to believe her, and essentially throw her testimony (which was full of holes and lies) down the garbage chute, but this would have torpedoed the entire case from the start.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Y
Of course, if you were the prosecutor, or anyone on the side of Trayvon Martin, you could choose not to believe her, and essentially throw her testimony (which was full of holes and lies) down the garbage chute, but this would have torpedoed the entire case from the start.
Just for what it's worth, I think Zimmerman is at fault, and should have been tried for manslaughter from the beginning. I acknowledge that I don't have all of the information (like everyone else), and that I could be wrong. But based on what I've seen, heard and read, I just think that Zimmerman made avoidable errors of judgement that led to the death of a minor. As I read the definition of both voluntary and involuntary manslaughter for the State of Florida, it seems very apropos to me.

But I don't think it had anything to do with any overt racism. If there was any relevant bias on the part of Zimmerman, it was a bias against teenagers in general who dress in a particular way. I've seen that bias many times in people my age, where any kid wearing anything remotely resembling "gang banger" attire is presumed to be a drug addled punk who is up to no good. Sometimes, it might even be true.

OP
Master Dan

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yet, they completely endorsed Obama in the 2012 election. They gave him F's early on because he wasn't able to do anything. If you look at their ratings now, especially since he's tried to shove every facet of gun-grabbing down people's throats, I wonder what you'll find?

Obama's main issue was to try to ramrod Obamacare down everyone's throats. He would never have been able to do that without the help of the more conservative Democrats (Casey, Webb, Tester, Baucus) and alienating them by bringing up gun-grabbing bills would have doomed him from the start.

Have you no feeling for the parents of a child who just wanted to go to the store for skittles or for every black person in America who is and has been suspicious until proven ok just for being black and wearing a Hoody? Denial is not a river in Egypt!

You are correct, especially when it came to the prosecution's side. The only racial profiling that had occurred during the incident came from Trayvon Martin, assuming that you put any kind of merit in the prosecution's star witness, Rachel Jeantel. She was the one who insisted that Trayvon Martin did the racial profiling of George Zimmerman. Too many people on the Pro-Trayvon Martin side of the argument are ignoring this, and need to wake up.

Have you no feeling for the parents of a child who just wanted to go to the store for skittles or for every black person in America who is and has been suspicious until proven ok just for being black and wearing a Hoody? Denial is not a river in Egypt!

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I lost feeling for the kid when he attacked an adult. His fault. Zimmerman defended himself. Where's your outrage for the 11000 black men woman and children killed since Martin was killed? Where's your outrage on that?

OP
Master Dan

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I lost feeling for the kid when he attacked an adult. His fault. Zimmerman defended himself. Where's your outrage for the 11000 black men woman and children killed since Martin was killed? Where's your outrage on that?

You need to explain your info?? and numbers have nothing to do with the value of any life al are precious and have value the point is we are all human and all Americans. Are people dying every day yes but does that justify apathy? Zimmerman profiled the kid and had an emotional need to dominate someone and it has cost him and will continue to cost him. If that was my child and he killed them He would need to look over his shoulder the rest of his life and it would not end well period. The best he can hope for is that the justice system puts him away which is the only way he is going to live much longer because he walks down the wrong street the wrong time I look forward to the news.

He committed a hate crime. I find it amusing when clearly racist officials from the south or other areas who have had long established track records of racism when interview and clearly put on the spot refuse to admit what they have done or that their attitude refusing to take any responsibility for their actions as if they believe their own lies. Smacks of Star Wars ( Pay no attention to the man in the white sheet and burning cross) He is just expressing his exceptional love of clean sheets!!!!!!!!

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You need to explain your info??
http://www.soopermexican.com/2013/07...-other-blacks/

and numbers have nothing to do with the value of any life al are precious and have value the point is we are all human and all Americans. Are people dying every day yes but does that justify apathy?
So had Zimmerman not been armed and was beat to death would you have the same sympathy?
Zimmerman profiled the kid and had an emotional need to dominate someone and it has cost him and will continue to cost him.
No Zimmerman was providing a service to his neighborhood. He Saw someone out of the ordinary and called the police. He was then attacked by the suspicious person he saw.
If that was my child and he killed them He would need to look over his shoulder the rest of his life and it would not end well period.
Teach your kid not to attack people for no reason and you wont need to worry

The best he can hope for is that the justice system puts him away which is the only way he is going to live much longer because he walks down the wrong street the wrong time I look forward to the news.
Yeah that makes it all better. So when the legal system does not agree with your idea of what should happen your answer is kill him.
He committed a hate crime.
BS #1 he didnt even know what race Martin was #2 it wasnt a crime he was found not guilty #3 he was attacked if anyone was commiting a hate crime it was Martin attacking Zimmerman
I find it amusing when clearly racist officials from the south or other areas who have had long established track records of racism when interview and clearly put on the spot refuse to admit what they have done or that their attitude refusing to take any responsibility for their actions as if they believe their own lies. Smacks of Star Wars ( Pay no attention to the man in the white sheet and burning cross) He is just expressing his exceptional love of clean sheets!!!!!!!!
I find it amusing when 11,000 black men woman and children are murdered since Martin by other Black men woman and children and thats ok but a Hispanic guy defends himself and you fake this BS outrage threaten peoples lives, and people like you start breaking stuff and burning things, and blocking roads and highways.
Ive been to Murders Ive seen how much "compassion" is shown with the Stop Snitching videos and "I didnt seen nothing" when you know damn well there were 50 standing around when the murder happened. So go play you BS Race card some where else. Ive held the hand of a mother and told her that her son was murdered (Again). Ive talked to murderers and they laugh about the crime and say stuff like "he shouldn't have disrespected me". So if you want to be Outraged go do something about it but where is the fun in that. There is no money in everyone getting along.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Why concealed carry is good: Because when someone brings fists to a gunfight, they get a surprise.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
http://www.soopermexican.com/2013/07...-other-blacks/

So had Zimmerman not been armed and was beat to death would you have the same sympathy?

No Zimmerman was providing a service to his neighborhood. He Saw someone out of the ordinary and called the police. He was then attacked by the suspicious person he saw.

Teach your kid not to attack people for no reason and you wont need to worry

Yeah that makes it all better. So when the legal system does not agree with your idea of what should happen your answer is kill him.

BS #1 he didnt even know what race Martin was #2 it wasnt a crime he was found not guilty #3 he was attacked if anyone was commiting a hate crime it was Martin attacking Zimmerman

I find it amusing when 11,000 black men woman and children are murdered since Martin by other Black men woman and children and thats ok but a Hispanic guy defends himself and you fake this BS outrage threaten peoples lives, and people like you start breaking stuff and burning things, and blocking roads and highways.
Ive been to Murders Ive seen how much "compassion" is shown with the Stop Snitching videos and "I didnt seen nothing" when you know damn well there were 50 standing around when the murder happened. So go play you BS Race card some where else. Ive held the hand of a mother and told her that her son was murdered (Again). Ive talked to murderers and they laugh about the crime and say stuff like "he shouldn't have disrespected me". So if you want to be Outraged go do something about it but where is the fun in that. There is no money in everyone getting along.

A Hispanic guy kills a Black guy, is acquitted by 6 white women and it is all the fault of white guys. But, ****, what isn't? As far as Sharpton is concerned, only one name need be uttered: Tawana Brawley.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Zimmerman defended himself.

Zimmerman provoked the situation. There's blame to go around here.

Where's your outrage for the 11000 black men woman and children killed since Martin was killed? Where's your outrage on that?

Hey, I favor gun control for just thus sort of reason. In the GZ/TV case--no gun, no death.

Latest Discussions