Youth tournament

J. Pickard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hello all. My school is running its first ever tournament in June and it is a youth only (under 18) event. I want all of the kids to have a great time and have something to take home as a memento of the event. What is an inexpensive item I could hand out to all competitors? I was thinking something that we give to them at the beginning when they check in/register at the door. We will have shirts for sale but I want something that they just get when they sign up. Any ideas are welcom. Thanks.

gyoja

2nd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all. My school is running its first ever tournament in June and it is a youth only (under 18) event. I want all of the kids to have a great time and have something to take home as a memento of the event. What is an inexpensive item I could hand out to all competitors? I was thinking something that we give to them at the beginning when they check in/register at the door. We will have shirts for sale but I want something that they just get when they sign up. Any ideas are welcom. Thanks.
You could give out tote bags. They are always handy to throw gear in. The mesh ones are really inexpensive, and if you have someone who can do vinyl designs, you can put your school logos on them.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sports medals / challenge coins are cool. The kids get bragging rights, it's a reminder of the fun they had, and even an advertisement. Pretty cheap when ordering a bunch.

OP
J. Pickard

J. Pickard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Sports medals / challenge coins are cool. The kids get bragging rights, it's a reminder of the fun they had, and even an advertisement. Pretty cheap when ordering a bunch.
Thats an interesting idea. I'll look into that.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my day we were honoured to go home with a black eye, contusions and a ruptured spleen. When we got home, our fathers would beat us with their belts (buckle end) for not keeping the coal scuttle topped up while we were ‘out dancing around in our girly pyjamas’.

I don’t know…Gen Z glued to their mobile phones, viewing cosmetic videos. Give them a bloody lipstick each…that’ll make ‘em happy.

Last edited:

Hanshi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
In my day we were honoured to go home with a black eye, contusions and a ruptured spleen. When we got home, our fathers would beat us with their belts (buckle end) for not keeping the coal scuttle topped up while we were ‘out dancing around in our girly pyjamas’.

I don’t know…Gen Z glued to their mobile phones, viewing cosmetic videos. Give them a bloody lipstick each…that’ll make ‘em happy.

Ah yes, the good ol' days.
b746d80191e3e75971e02d2214a2499d.jpg

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh she’s screaming with delight at the prospect of a martial arts-derived splenectomy.

Latest Discussions